Hopefully not too late to prevent an oops....

What cleats you got with the SPDs? Single release only twist sideways to release, multi, you can "pull" your foot out of. I swear by the single release. Wouldn't want to suddenly lose a pedal whilst pulling up hill.

Also, consider winding the tension on the SPDs right down. To the point where you can easily clip and unclip a spare shoe, just with hand pressure. Makes it easier to use/find and disengage the cleat and might make the difference in getting your foot down or hurting your knee as well as falling off.

J.

Spd's are a definite improvement in efficiency that is unarguable

But I do find myself focusing when I get to a junction or a set of lights - on twisting my foot out before I come to a stop

The habit will come about eventually I suppose.

Best of luck on the new bike

JRJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a locally built bike (well assembled in Sheffield), a PlanetX RT58.... their alloy one.....

Going out this afternoon..... wish me luck.... I'll see how I get on with SPDs.....

Good, value for money bikes. I have a Planet X carbon pro (or something like that) gathering dust in the garage; I really need to get off my lazy butt and ride it more.

I'm predicting a long hot summer .... so aiming to shed some lard.

Just last minute sorting.... trip computer, adjust brakes, got some bottle holders (need to mount pump...)

Running out of excuses..... just the weather now...

Spd's are a definite improvement in efficiency that is unarguable

But I do find myself focusing when I get to a junction or a set of lights - on twisting my foot out before I come to a stop

The habit will come about eventually I suppose.

Best of luck on the new bike

JRJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does - reinforced by the embarrassment of falling off a couple of times with everyone watching. Not that I have done that you realise......... :ph34r:

Seriously need to get my bike back on the road.

• Like 1

Waiting (not so patiently, lol) for my new steed. J E James supplied Mekk 3G Potenza SL4.0. Italian carbon frame and forks, Sora groupset minus the calipers. Cracking value for entry level carbon, IMO.

Been cycling now for 2 years and also a member of a local cycle club.Decided that i also needed to shed weight and bingo i am now 2 stone lighter.Over the moon and a very enjoyable if not expensive hobby :-)

I've got back into it again, loving it. Bought a Giant Defy 3 road bike earlier in the year and would be out at all times in the cold and dark lol.

Bug hit hard enough that I thought up a challenge to try and raise some money for a local charity at the end of this month lol.

Having bought two bikes on the cycle to work scheme I'm finally getting round to using them to commute rather than just for exercise. I'm determined to do at least two days a week on two wheels which will do me good and means I won't waste my evenings cycling.