Fitting new sidemount

Yeah, removing the bumper is easy. Takes about 2 minutes tops when you know how.

Remove the plastic bump strip. Undo 4 big hex headed bolts.

Remove the front lower plastic grill pieces (bit flat screwdriver or something...a bit gentler perhaps)

Undo the torx screws behind them.

Realise you forgot to undo the torx screws in the wheel wells, undo them also!

done.

Well i managed to fit without bumper removal tricky but mamaged it. The MAP sensor could do with been in a different location on the cooler because it either fouls the bodywork and if you flip it over the plug doesnt reach.

It now also turbo whistles like a mofo, not sure if this is because of the cooler echoing the whistle or because theres a leak.

Anyone whos fitted one confirm that it whistles loudly?

If it still goes well doubt you've got a leak, you know how these go into limp at the slightest leak. I've got a bigger smic to fit just can't find the time at the mo, once I've done it I'll let you know if it's any noisier. I do have a loud exhaust, cone filter And supersize TIP so mines pretty loud already [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car can change sound with a intercooler swap as mine did when i stuck the Forge on, Don't ask my why though :D

I heard that some performance SMIC can be actually worse for lag and flow than the std SMIC

It is not just about size but the flow capabilities as well.

Lag is a good indicator of poor flow 

it shouldn't be laggy, as you aren't introducing lots of extra pipework like a lot of generic FMIC kits, but it does need to be of decent construction to flow properly. It shouldn't be loud, my last one wasn't and was def not laggy in the slightest.

sure its connected properly, with no leaks on any joins? (recheck the smic joins themselves)

Nick @ RTech said the standard side mount is more than enough for upto 240bhp amd so called aftermarket uprated side mounts can actually be less productive than the oem ones (refering to his audi a3 s3).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks twice the thickness of stock smic but wouldn't have thought it would create more lag as you've not increased the distance it has to travel. If it's noisier I'd do a bit more checking as it may be tight at the cooler but may have disturbed something further down the line.

Now got the urge to go fit mine and seen what it's like.

Nick @ RTech said the standard side mount is more than enough for upto 240bhp amd so called aftermarket uprated side mounts can actually be less productive than the oem ones (refering to his audi a3 s3).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The S3 has two side mounts one in each wing. Im going back to standard i think

Looks twice the thickness of stock smic but wouldn't have thought it would create more lag as you've not increased the distance it has to travel. If it's noisier I'd do a bit more checking as it may be tight at the cooler but may have disturbed something further down the line.

Now got the urge to go fit mine and seen what it's like.

The noise it makes is similiar to the noise of a CAI but deeper in tone. After all both are made from cheap crap ally lol