Who's got the dirtiest car?

rerving

attachicon.gifDSC_0799.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0800 (2).jpg

must admit never clean mine ,,,,wifes always moaning about it ....just not interested they wash it when it has a service in October other than that maybe twice a year if its lucky

I have two greatdanes so you can imagine the state inside ,,,I need a car big enough hence the estate and something what will eat the miles and start at 4am on a morning without fail .

other than that just not interested in it ....its just a car

Such a shame to see such a nice car in that state........can we swop???..... my mk2 will start everytime you want it to & there is room for your dog & i promise to look after that car better....   :'(

Must admit I agree with you there, and also with Chris Rs comments above too. Yes, I photographed my own  car in a hell of a state, but that was after a run on bad roads, and very shortly after it was cleaned previously. It has since been cleaned because I do have a bit of pride in what I'm driving. I've always been a believer in that the state of your car speaks volumes about the state of the owner -- perhaps that is why I would never, ever turn up to pick a party of folk up in a coach that was filthy. First impressions do mean a lot.

You say you can imagine the state of it inside with two great danes? Why? I have 3 dogs, fair enough no where near as big, but the interior and boot space is kept clean and stills smells fresh -- because I couldn't live with it mucked up to the hilt. If you had somewhere important to go such as a wedding etc, would you bother washing it then? Mine would be spotless.

I just cannot see any logic in spending thousands of pounds on a new car to treat it like that -- why not just get a £500 run-around to abuse rather than spend upwards of £20k to simply not care? I pity anyone buying that at a later date when it is traded in.

Mike

A £500 car would not reliable that's why I buy a new one ......the amount of slobber and hair of 2 greatdanes one 12 stone and one 16 stone in a lot more than you would think ,,,

I also don't have the time to be getting a cheap car repaired and hoping it will start on a morning about 4am...... the price of the car dosent matter I need reliability and space.

I often work 15 hour days its dark when I leave and dark when I get home....and weekends is for enjoying yourself not spending hours cleaning a car

• Like 1

I think its somewhat narrow minded to suggest someone can't have a modern, safe, reliable car just because they don't have time/care to clean it. I've never even cared about what colour my car is, as I only see it when I'm going to get into it.

I'm one of them who when they hear a bang on the motorway are relieved a stone only hit the solid metalwork and not glass, since the metalwork won't need repairing emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I have spent some time cleaning my cars, occasionally, but its not something I do regularly. I had a go with lots of fancy things and decided it just doesn't matter enough to me. Certainly not to spend a few hours on it out of the limited time I have over the weekend. I do at least use a wash mitt and not a sponge, though.

The mechanical condition, however, I will spare no expense on.

• Like 1

Yer even just a normal wash for me takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Sent from my Galaxy S5

For me too! I bet it takes me longer than 10mins to do the wheels.

My car get washed once a month which I think is pretty reasonable?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I just need a clear day and a day of feeling well and I'll get back on top of it, but for now at least underneath that dirt the protection is there

• Like 2

There's probably a lot to be said for not washing a car during the worst winter months as if it's not done properly due to lack of time ( my biggest problem), the car can get scratched easily. I tend to protect it well before winter and then just power wash it now and again if it gets too bad. It's race blue do doesn't show the muck too badly. Come the back end of March though it gets the full treatment to keep it looking it's best for the months to come.

• Like 1

Youre welcome here anytime John

Hows the MX5? Still in the Garage?

Thanks Chris, I will keep that in mind. When I've been up to yours it blocks a day for the car which is great as I don't get the chance if I am at home. The MX5 is indeed tucked away in the garage and only comes out when the weather is dry. Due to its low use, it's easy to keep on top of it and keep it looking great. It still looks great after the work you did last April. It doesn't do many miles, but the ones it does do are good ones. I had it up the Stelvio Pass last September which was amazing.

I'm glad to see your detailing service is going well. It must be great to spend your time doing something you really enjoy. The VRS is also still looking great after your work on it. I reckon it was better after you did the paint correction than when it came out of the factory.

• Like 1

Great stuff

Many thanks for the compliments too :thumbup:

PS..Got my eye on a 2 seater as well ;)

I think you'll love the 2 seater if you get one......what is it that you've got you're eye on?