difficulty fitting coilovers?

To be fair on older cars if you take out the wishbones and replace the bushes those ball joint bolts tend to fail.

Ditto if your drop links are old and the ball joints on them shot or rusted. About £80 for the wishbone bushes drop links and lower ball joints. Maybe 30 to 40 more for the top mounts and bearings.

Rear is prey easy though.

Bushes and top mounts will need doing I would say.

The problem with the lower ball joints is the three bolts are part of the ball joint fitting not lose. When you undo or do them up after they tend to shear off writing off the ball joint.

Drop links, yeah it's about right time too.

Well this time is come back and has a realy load rattle and I got this message

"That will be the anti roll bar drop link mate, I didn't think it would knock but it must be mate, the anti roll bar is seized it undone a tiny bit then just seized, it will either need a new one mate or I will have another go a at tighten it abit more"

Don't you think he shoulda told me that??

Bloody hell he sounds like a nightmare mechanic! What sleeve are you talking about is it the dust shield on the strut itself? Also trying to add £200 as he thought it would be a difficult job is unreal. Its a simple job as is 99% of suspension changes (just takes a bit of time) and ball joints are peanuts to buy along with droplinks and top mounts.

He is a muppet!

You won't belive this he has lost the sleeve on the front shock .. Can't get them on there own !! Il gonna have to go but a secound brand new set of coilovers ...

What coilovers are they mate?

The piece your missing is to stop dust getting down into the internals of the strut so have a look on eBay and see if you can get one which looks very similar or tbh as long as it will fit inside the spring, as it will do the job

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk