Oil pressure warning at 4000 rpm

Yetski

So I've had the car since last sept, bought from Marlborough Cars, Isleworth and have several things go wrong with it, rear door trim falling off, heated driver seat pack up, Bluetooth not working although I've now fixed this by re plugging box under driver seat...

The latest is this oil warning that pops up - I'm calling the dealer in the morning but just wondered if anyone had heard or seen this...

We're not fast drivers, just like to pootle along with a bit of speed every now and again on the motorway, I'd say we've driven only 4000miles so far.

I've topped it up with 1 litre of castrol 5w 30 oil twice I'm the last 3 months

Any advice much appreciated!!!

Warning stated "

Oil pressure warning at 4000 rpm"

Warning came on when stopped at traffic lights after driving for about 20mins at 40mph, this same thing happened about 3 months ago so checked the oil level, looked a bit low so topped it up, hadnt dropped this time but still still stuck another litre in it as was only half full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Yetski

That's a lot I would have said - my 140 2.0 diesel used no oil in its first 10,000 miles, that included towing a caravan a fair bit!

Urgent call to dealers and SUK first thing tomorrow morning if it was me

If te warning came up it should be stored and show up on a dealer scan of the ECU-I'd get them tho log the fault and remedy the cause.

[emoji106]

Have missed something?

A new car with 4K on it now or secondhand?

A lot of oil in any case!

Bought it with 17k and we've stuck 4k on it

Edited by Yetski

Funny, when someone mentions high oil consumption in a newish car, I always think it must be VAG product.

I thought that was yesterday's problem......seems not.

My Yeti 4x4 1.8 tsi consuming 1 litre of oil every 400 miles, going in for consumption test tomorrow, car is just over 4 years old done. 75k miles. Had several calls with SUK say they will not pay for diagnostics so I'll have to pay.

Anyone had similar problems?

My Yeti 4x4 1.8 tsi consuming 1 litre of oil every 400 miles, going in for consumption test tomorrow, car is just over 4 years old done. 75k miles. Had several calls with SUK say they will not pay for diagnostics so I'll have to pay.

Do you have exteneded warranty.

High oil consumption of the early EA888 (2.0/1.8 TSI) engines is a notorious problem. It has taken VAG several revisions of pistons and piston rings for this engine in 2011 to solve it. Should have been solved since November 2011.

As for the oil pressure @ 4k rpm warning, I think it might be an indication of a failure in electro-magnetic oil pressure regulator.

What intrigues me is the fact that it's such a 'low tech' issue surely.

In this day and age how could this be still a problem?

That's a lot I would have said - my 140 2.0 diesel used no oil in its first 10,000 miles, that included towing a caravan a fair bit!

Urgent call to dealers and SUK first thing tomorrow morning if it was me

Just had my first 10,000 mile service today - garage confirmed that oil was still at 'full level' confirming no measurable oil consumption. I too would contact your dealer and seek an explanation and remedy to your problem.