Skoda Octavia VRS remap

REVO is currently testing a RS here in Moscow. They promise to come with an ECU in a week or so. Same with 1.8tsi on MQB. They had a tweek for A5 platform that allowed to switch between stock and tune. Same with APR, they did it with cruise and promise to keep that useful feature for MQB. However, all they say about 2.0 and 1.8tsi edu tune is "Coming this year".

So until APR show a real car with edu update i'm waiting for REVO release. 

REVO is currently testing a RS here in Moscow. They promise to come with an ECU in a week or so. Same with 1.8tsi on MQB. They had a tweek for A5 platform that allowed to switch between stock and tune. Same with APR, they did it with cruise and promise to keep that useful feature for MQB. However, all they say about 2.0 and 1.8tsi edu tune is "Coming this year".

So until APR show a real car with edu update i'm waiting for REVO release. 

someone even said that it is probable that revo map would come out this week! I have already withdrawn money from my account, Revo please take it:) i do not understand why revo is so silent about that remap? weeks before map for golf 7r was released their facebook site was full of test results..... 

someone even said that it is probable that revo map would come out this week! I have already withdrawn money from my account, Revo please take it:) i do not understand why revo is so silent about that remap? weeks before map for golf 7r was released their facebook site was full of test results..... 

Yep, that doesn't make sense. It seems that they might have some problems with the mapping, so they shift the release all the time.

Or they are waiting for each other to release a better version the next day :)

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems that APR has already a remap. There are few vrs' with that map already. So far results are very impressive. I wonder why BSR and Revo are lagging behind. I think REVO is waiting till 9th of August, this is when their -20% discount expires.:)

So it seems that APR has already a remap. There are few vrs' with that map already. So far results are very impressive. I wonder why BSR and Revo are lagging behind. I think REVO is waiting till 9th of August, this is when their -20% discount expires.:)

Any links to Vrs apr remap reviews? Mine should be done by this time next week

Ok got mine remapped today to Apr stage 1,will do a thread on results. Waiting on graphs being emailed to me. Cost was £600 including before and after dyno. 242bhp and 258 torque prior and 308bhp and 400 torque post map, iat were high so ecu was toning down the power, should be 15 to 20bhp on the road

• Like 1

Please report on any reliability issues that might arise later on. I'm afraid the jump is quite heavy on other parts of the package.

How does the jump in power feel? Isn't it a bit too much for the front tyres to handle?

I would that's all down to the driver. If you go about with your right foot burried all the time components will wear harder and wheels spin. From initial thoughts the power is very linear, applied correctly with a progressive throttle I had no problems with 300hp on a damp Road. I drive the car moderately with the odd occasion of spirited driving within the legal limit of the road. I don't do traffic light burn outs so I'm happy my driving style will work with the extra power

• Like 1

Okay, let me ask a possibly silly question, but I really have no idea. Do you have mandatory use of winter tyres there?

How many years do your tyres usually last? And how many miles/kilometres?

I'm thinking that if you stay within the legal speed limit there is no point in remapping the car. A 100 hp engine will get you there easily.

got REVOed today, did not yet fully tested the car as i was stuck in traffic on the way back home. First impressions are very good, lots of power across reves. Pulls much better now but difficult to get traction from the start up to 3rd gear. Here is a short video, not very good start lots of spin, will have to shoot another one:

• Like 3