Polishing Pads - CYC Diamond face type

samuir1974

I know its probably a special question but I was looking at getting a 5" backing plate, as these are 6" would I need another backing plate?

These 150mm pads run fine on both 5" and 6" backing plates - should be no problem  :thumbup:

Confused again. Sorry

These arnt Diamond Face type ...have I missed you ditching that type in favour of these?

Hi Chris - as you stated earlier in the thread - the Diamond faced pads are more suited to Rotary.

See post #11 - you were going to see how the sample kit worked out with Alan?

If this is what you require - then i can certainly add it to the order - no problem  :thumbup:

(Just remember they are over double the price of the waffle pads - approx £5 per pad)

Therefore - for the GB option - i know most of the guys are using DA; so proposed the waffle pad.

• Like 2

Ill get them fom eBay then

Ive seen some for a good price...though I suspect they are from China too

I dont like the waffle type at all in a 6" version for DA or Rotary

Please remove me from the GB...if you get it going

BTW...Have you seen Alibaba.com? Great deals if buying in bulk..but I suspect 1000 pieces may be somewhat excessive, even for you

Ill get them fom eBay then

Ive seen some for a good price...though I suspect they are from China too

I dont like the waffle type at all in a 6" version for DA or Rotary

Please remove me from the GB...if you get it going

BTW...Have you seen Alibaba.com? Great deals if buying in bulk..but I suspect 1000 pieces may be somewhat excessive, even for you

No problem at all - i would have only got 5% discount on Diamond Pro pads; 10% on Waffle - but every little counts.

I am aware of Alibaba; but more suited to business vendors and those setting up a shop and ordering that quantity.

For now i'm sorting out my personal detailing supplies and assisting the like-minded guys on Briskoda with this kit  :thumbup:

Hoping the community spirit is appreciated and that we can progress this soon..... albeit back to 9 names of 10 required.

• Like 2

I'll take a set, that's 10 names now.....come on Admin get this GB going.

Nice one - thanks for getting involved Bob!

10 kits accounted which is enough to progress the bulk order... I'll ask Admin/Mods on Go or No Go today.

Once again - many thanks for all who came forward with support and positive comments to get this far; this is how our forum & community should work and a good example of the Briskoda members and Sponsors working together   :thumbup: 

• Like 3

Hi All - just a note to update. The Group Buy as proposed has been Approved.

Many thanks to the Mods/Admin and Sponsors for helping progress to this point.

Unfortunately - this week is pretty full on with house sale and purchase going through.

I will try and get back on this at the weekend or next week guys.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

As a Sponsor, I will support this...Some more pads in the drawer is always useful..I wont need the applicators though..I have many!!

Add me to your list please

Alan can be Courier..Thankyou

PM me a price without the applicators please

ChrisRsDetailing

As a Sponsor, I will support this...Some more pads in the drawer is always useful..I wont need the applicators though..I have many!!

Add me to your list please

Alan can be Courier..Thankyou

PM me a price without the applicators please

ChrisRsDetailing

Very generous indeed Chris - but i would expect nothing less from a man of your integrity!

Great News - as i fear the delay of over a week now, some interest may have dwindled.

The 2 x red plus 2 x yellow wax apps = £1; as you know - you buy them yourself; therefore this would be your basic discount.  :thumbup:

What's the difference in wax applicator colours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red foam is super soft and ideal for wax and sealant application on your paint work.

Yellow is soft but more suited for tyre dressings, engine bay, etc. 

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Do you guys bother trying to clean your wax apps after use or just bin them?

Any half decent wax applicator should stand up to a 30 degree wash with non-bio Carl.

I frequently lob mine in with my microfibre wash and they come out great, just like polishing pads.

I have a CYC German Applicator and some Chemical Guys Hexlogic hand pads that have probably had 20 cycles and are like new, no loss of form or firmness etc.

Blummin moneybags! Do you do the same with your socks and pants, lol?

• Like 2

Lol I only reused app pads as fsr as one side then the other, then throw them.

But now I know I will start washing them lol.

Thanks guys :)

• Like 1

Any half decent wax applicator should stand up to a 30 degree wash with non-bio Carl.

I frequently lob mine in with my microfibre wash and they come out great, just like polishing pads.

I have a CYC German Applicator and some Chemical Guys Hexlogic hand pads that have probably had 20 cycles and are like new, no loss of form or firmness etc.

Blummin moneybags! Do you do the same with your socks and pants, lol?

Agree completely, TBH I put them on at 40deg & they come out great.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have been out shopping round for new polishing pad options to use with my recent Flex VRG purchase.

Smallest backing plate option i have is 100mm; so in this size looking at the Lake Country pads, which are in plentiful supply and cheap.

Sorted for 160mm backing plate and pads, but i see there are also LC pads at 165mm which might be ideal.

Anyone else using these Lake Country pads - comments/reviews welcome?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I have been out shopping round for new polishing pad options to use with my recent Flex VRG purchase.

Smallest backing plate option i have is 100mm; so in this size looking at the Lake Country pads, which are in plentiful supply and cheap.

Sorted for 160mm backing plate and pads, but i see there are also LC pads at 165mm which might be ideal.

Anyone else using these Lake Country pads - comments/reviews welcome?

Thanks.

I use the Lake Country "Hydrotech" ones, I prefer the closed cell type rather than the Hexlogic type. They feel a bit firmer & I feel I get more feedback from them, rather than the softer pads, if that makes sense?

• Like 1