Polishing Pads - CYC Diamond face type

samuir1974

It must be bad if youre three staging!!

What Pad polish combo do you intend to use?

I have not done a test on it yet, so until I do that I won't know what combinations I will be using. There is one scratch down the side which will need some care. 3 stages is worst case, but I will need a decent polish with some good cut as it's hard paint. Then it will need refining back & then perhaps a finishing pad to jewel up the gloss levels. That IMO is 3 stages, I will see what combo suits it when it is brought to me. It will either be Scholl, 3M, Meguiars or Menz for the polish. Pads will be wither 3m, Scholl, Lake Country or Chemical Guys Hexlogic.

It's not something that can be done in a day, I doubt it can be done in 2 days. Hopefully 3 will be enough.

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 2

Certainly enjoying these Diamond face quality pads and they seem to be lasting well and are durable.   :thumbup:

Alan also has reported them as been very good..... so ordered us another couple of sets.... which arrived at the weekend!

10382818_10203372341963935_8560320361128

• 3 weeks later...

Thought to post up on the back of this polishing pad thread - i have had a few people ask me for samples of the polishing pads i import from China for personal use. Certainly; they are ideal for the amateur detailer like myself or the weekend warrior. I use them, and share with a few mates who detail regularly.

A few of you have asked if a Group Buy is possible on this to ensure everyone gets a good product at a good price.  :thumbup:

Anyway - i know there are a few blockers on this..... but if interest is there then i'll progress things as best i can.

Initially - i need to confirm with the Mods/Admin on this, sign up on Freedom, and such like;

but overall there is a nice little detailing group formed under Styling and Car Care who may use this product.

Probably looking to do a Pack of 6 x 150mm waffle pads; 2 x Firm, 2 x Medium, 2 x Soft plus P&P.

I may also look to through in some samples of the red wax applicators which many have been after.

Dependent on interest and options etc - then a price can be suggested - but not really gone that far.

Anyway - rather than folk sneak about on PM with requests - just wanted to open it out to the wider audience....

If on the other hand i have misjudged interest - then fair enough.

As always - i'm not affiliated with any company, supplier, business or otherwise. Just offering as an enthusiast.

So any interest or constructive comments.... just post below...   :thumbup:

Edited by samuir1974
  • Like 3

Well it appears you have helped out plenty of people on Facebook with these & received good feedback. Good luck on here.

yeah thanks mate. I have shared a few sets with those interested on the FB detailing group - all good so far.

It is just a pain in the backside working adhoc on requests to get some additional stock for one or two.

So - if i know i can order enough for 10 or  maybe 20 sets and they are sold/paid for.... we all get the benefit on the bulk order.

Only annoyance is that Royal mail P&P is a significant cost adder based on size and adding "Signed for" option too.

• Like 2

Which ones will be available ste? Anything different to what you did me?

Hi Carl - similar range to the ones you sampled back at the start of summer. 

One update i have just received is the black soft/finishing pad - now with a shallower micro-waffle pattern.

The previous ones were ok; but the waffle depth was too much for wax application really - IMO.

I think the best value option might be something like this 8-pack of 150mm waffle pads...

2pk Orange Firm = cut

2pk Blue Medium = light polish

2pk Green Medium soft = glaze

2pk Black soft = finishing

If budget allows - i might try and put a 2pk of the red foam wax applicators in with this too; approx £20 plus P&P is my target.

I would need to place the order from China; approx 2 weeks delivery to me then time to prep kits and post out to you guys.

As i said - still awaiting a green light to progress from Admin - but i would need 10 names to trigger the order  :thumbup:

Ok ste, will bear it in mind.

I still have quite a few black waffle pads, and I still rate them to be fair.

Ordered a pack of the red application pads after tying the one you gave me. So thanks for that. Hope the GB goes well.

• Like 1

Ok ste, will bear it in mind.

I still have quite a few black waffle pads, and I still rate them to be fair.

Ordered a pack of the red application pads after tying the one you gave me. So thanks for that. Hope the GB goes well.

No problem Carl - i appreciate your interest in the Group Buy.  :thumbup:

I thought there was enough interest on here to save the guys some money.

Sounds good to me, any chance of 3" pads in that bundle ie, one 3&6 of each type?

I appreciate this would complicate things so no worries if you'd rather not/can't. Thought id just ask the Q.

Thanks for the interest - and absolutely; i want to make sure i am sourcing what people want and use.

For now the 6" / 150mm pad is the focus on the Group Buy; let's ensure this is workable.

Primarily, as this is what i have ordered for myself and what i use and can vouch for - it is 150mm only.

I will however look into the 3" options in the background - so i can indicate pricing to you.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just an update - Thread and GB possibility has been acknowledged by the Admin team - thanks.

Only problem i will have is confirming that i am not a business seller and this is a one-off non-profit GB.   :thumbup:

So we shall see.... your forum guys; i have only put this out for consideration as lots of people had asked about it.

Count me in please I think you're fairly local so pick up and save posty if ok?

Thanks for the post mate - i'm sure we can arrange collection.

Potentially 5 out of 10 kits reserved; glad to see this is of interest to the forum.

Still no update from Admin on this guys - so don't bank on this at the moment.

And a polite request - no PM's in the background; trying to keep this simple. 

Thanks. :thumbup:

Thanks for the post mate - i'm sure we can arrange collection.

Potentially 5 out of 10 kits reserved; glad to see this is of interest to the forum.

Still no update from Admin on this guys - so don't bank on this at the moment.

And a polite request - no PM's in the background; trying to keep this simple. 

Thanks. :thumbup:

Happily take 2 kits if you end up short of takers. Just as happy with one kit if you make the numbers up!!

• Like 1