Issue playing music via Bluetooth with PID

LordVader

Afternoon all,

Am having a problem playing music from my (brand new, latest generation) iPod via the PID.

It works fine most of the time but then intermittently the music stops or stutters for about three or four seconds.  Very irritating!

I also have my iPhone connected although that's just for phone calls.

Has anyone else noticed a similar issue, and if so, did you find a way to fix it?

By the way I want to stick with the bluetooth solution - I did try all my music on an SD card but found the media player on the PID really difficult to use.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions fellow forum-goers...

we can't even get an ipod nano g5 to connect since a software update 4 months ago, also the daughter ipod touch

that is on our pid in our citigo and her pid in her citigo, both are garmin pids, both were fine until the software update, have tried both on both PIDs with same results

something wrong with the update of the Bluetooth firmware?

iPhone 5 works fine,

Edited by bluecar1

I'm still a bit stumped with this.

It happens consistently when playing music (stored on the iPod, not streaming or anything) from the iPod over the PID bluetooth.  I have tried unpairing and repairing, resetting the iPod network settings, and switching off WiFi (all suggestions from browsing the web re this issue).

It works perfectly, without issue, when streaming from my iPhone 5S.

It therefore has to be something odd to do with the way the iPod is connecting.  It seems to drop the connection for a second or two before resuming it, in the meantime the music either disappears completely or is garbled / stutters.

I am trying a complete restore on the iPod now to see if that makes any difference - but I'm not confident it will.  Would be pleased to hear any advice from anyone out there that might improve matters!

holding the power button in to forcibly shut it down? yep

the software update was a full reset as I had to re-pair it to the car and set everything up again

Resetting the PID (mine is a Navigon) is done by locating the reset button on the bottom edge of the unit, try that. You don't lose any info you have on there like routes, music etc it sort of reboots the unit. Worked for me when I had a sound problem on the Navigation side of things.

Of course it may differ from mine yours being a Garmin then it could be in a different location.

Edited by MickA

Finally solved the mystery.  Completely reset the PID to factory values and the bluetooth music streaming worked fine.  It turns out it was the live services (tethering to my phone) that was causing the blip - every time it accessed the internet that's when the bluetooth dropped out.

All works a treat now!

lordvader was your pid navigon or garmin?

if garmin how did you reset it? push and hold power?

It's a Garmin one.  There's an option buried somewhere in the menus to do a factory reset, I used that.