SimonK24's VW Golf MkV R32 DSG

SimonK24

Very tidy!  I think the VR is a great sounding engine and I have also heard that when fitted with only CATs and a straight through pipe the exhaust sound is only 90 odd Db

Tidy, I quite fancy an r32 after owning a vr6. The sound is so addictive. :)

Maybe when/if the tfsi lump let's go in my vrs one may find it's way in there instead :D

Edited by SNH

• 2 weeks later...

Looks lovely Simon :happy:

Turini's are the perfect wheel for the Mk5. I'm biased as I have them on my GTI.

H&Rs will make a subtle difference, but I would consider whether you'd eventually jump to coilovers anyway, so could be better going with them from the start.

I've got H&Rs on my MK5 GTI and they are very good. Saying that, after nearly three years, I've just bought some coilovers.

Would deffo recommend a Miltek Non-Res on there - unleash the noise!!! B)

I really like the R32 only thing that puts me off is the £470 tax. 

That's the reason I bought a 55 plate car, and the tax is £280 for the year :) 06' onwards is the higher bracket.

• Like 1

Turini's are the perfect wheel for the Mk5. I'm biased as I have them on my GTI.

H&Rs will make a subtle difference, but I would consider whether you'd eventually jump to coilovers anyway, so could be better going with them from the start.

I've got H&Rs on my MK5 GTI and they are very good. Saying that, after nearly three years, I've just bought some coilovers.

Cheers Gareth! The Weitec's are still going strong on the fabia by the way! 

I went to coilovers with the fabia as it was still ridiculously high even with Eibach springs on, but the golf is a better ride height to start with anyway, so I feel the H&R's would give the perfect height I'm after!

Only thing I'm a little weary of is the tyres are giving a little rubbing in hard cornering on the rear end already, so I don't want to lower it and have issues. Are your Turini's a 42 offset as well? They stick out a little further than I was hoping! Or could be the Michelin's which have a huge rim protector on them whereas the Pirelli's on the front wheels don't. 

Do you mind PM'ing me with a pic of your car on the H&R's?

Lovely motor Simon, only saw it briefly at Maccy Ds carpark LOL but very nice indeed. 

Blimey! There's a voice from the past!! How are you Gareth? 

• 2 weeks later...

Simon - you have pm.

Yes, ET42 on mine too - probably wouldn't want to go too low as there would be some rubbing. Make look into some adjustable top mounts to add a touch of camber.

Howdy Garry, hope all is good? It's been a while. You still running the S3?

Cheers

Gareth