Fmic help please

Just checked you build Jars, looks good! so the kit doesn't come with a pipe to replace the original hard pipe?

Cheers dude :thumbup:

Nah, I did ask if they fancied making one but they weren't keen.

I've had no issues with the OEM top pipe, but do plan to change it.

What other tuning have you carried-out before reaching out for the intended?

I have currently got a straight through exhaust, pd160 intake with k&n panel filter, and egr delete is on the way, whys this ? I'm looking or a remap is a fmic really needed for a 180bhp map ?

I have currently got a straight through exhaust, pd160 intake with k&n panel filter, and egr delete is on the way, whys this ? I'm looking or a remap is a fmic really needed for a 180bhp map ?

If you are planning to go bigger power then i'd say yes but just a remap will be fine on the standard intercooler

You don't need any of that rubbish, just a decent remap.

I ran a 177bhp Jabbasport map on my Fabia with little more than a PD160 intake for 5 years.

I considered a FMIC when I suffered from heat soak........once.....on track.... in the middle of August.

Realised for the cost it really wasn't worth it

I ran a 177bhp Jabbasport map on my Fabia with little more than a PD160 intake for 5 years.

I considered a FMIC when I suffered from heat soak........once.....on track.... in the middle of August.

Realised for the cost it really wasn't worth it

This fine specimen of a man is speaking from experience, Moosaf, really note needed just for a remap. Save your cash ;)

Thanks guys I've booked my remap, at GRM ECU remapping on the 21st I'm hoping 180bhp out of my BLT engine am I being optimistic

You're being silly, they all make ~175, you've been told before.

Just bung the dyno man an extra score, he'll make it say whatever you want it to say, just don't bother telling us, we'll just all die laughing.

You're probably setting the bar too high but numbers are just for pub talk anyways.

Don't concentrate on the big number just be happy with the way it drives.

I asked Jabba to make me bigger numbers as i'd seen larger than 177 on the forum but they said what i had was "safe and would last for years without breaking anything else (turbo/clutch)" which it did

It was a big wide spread of much better delivered power than the spikey short power banded standard map.

The upping of torque also made it a much nicer thing to drive quickly.

The comparison to the plug and play ~165bhp "turn everything up to 11 and enjoy the wheelspin" map i had on the Seat Ibiza mk4 PD130 I had previously was night and day.

Guest BigJase88

I rember some joker tried to tell me with an fmic you can make 190bhp on the stock turbo

The pd130 is all out of idea's around 170-175bhp

If you can afford to buy a big cooler go for it :)

May not be needed,but is better than standard and the cooler your charge air the better, no matter what state of tune your running.

• Like 1