Secondary Speed Indicator

Very new to this Forum and just recently acquired my first Skoda Superb and I would like to know if it is possible to change the secondary speed indicator from Km/Ph to Mph and if so how is it done 

Cheers

It can be done via Maxidot. I can't remember how I changed our Yeti's from Kph to Mph but it was fairly simple.

Cheers I will give a try in the morning

Very new to this Forum and just recently acquired my first Skoda Superb and I would like to know if it is possible to change the secondary speed indicator from Km/Ph to Mph and if so how is it done 

Cheers

I think it needs to be done via vagcom or vcds. Its not a secondary speed indicator as such its there because the main dial only reads in MPH.

I think it can only be done via VCDS.

Have a read  here 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/242528-maxi-dot-display/?hl=%2Bspeed+%2Baustralian#entry2847799

BUT - I have a feeling that I've read somewhere that the "Australian" option is no longer available on later models.

From owners manual:

Maxi Dot -> Alt. speed dis

Here, the display of the second speed in mph* can be activated.

*For models with the speedometer in mph, the second speed is displayed in km/h.

*For models with the speedometer in mph, the second speed is displayed in km/h.

... and for speedometers showing km/h it's the vice versa ... and the second speed will be shown in mph.

Unless the law has changed the Road Traffic Act states in section 35:

Speedometers

35.  (1)  Save as provided in paragraphs (2) and (3), every motor vehicle shall be fitted with a speedometer which, if the vehicle is first used on or after 1st April 1984, shall be capable of indicating speed in both miles per hour and kilometres per hour, either simultaneously or, by the operation of a switch, separately.

(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to—

(a)a vehicle having a maximum speed not exceeding 25 mph;

(B)a vehicle which it is at all times unlawful to drive at more than 25 mph;

©an agricultural motor vehicle which is not driven at more than 20 mph;

(d)a motor cycle first used before 1st April 1984 the engine of which has a cylinder capacity not exceeding 100 cc;

(e)an invalid carriage first used before 1st April 1984;

(f)a works truck first used before 1st April 1984;

(g)a vehicle first used before 1st October 1937; or

(h)a vehicle equipped with recording equipment marked with a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 5 of the Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 3 in Schedule 4 to those Regulations (whether or not the vehicle is required to be equipped with that equipment) and which, as regards the visual indications given by that equipment of the speed of the vehicle, complies with the requirements relating to the said indications and installations specified in the Community Recording Equipment Regulation.

(3) Instead of complying with paragraph (1) a vehicle may comply with Community Directive 75/443 or with ECE Regulation 39.

I think it can only be done via VCDS.

Have a read here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/242528-maxi-dot-display/?hl=%2Bspeed+%2Baustralian#entry2847799

BUT - I have a feeling that I've read somewhere that the "Australian" option is no longer available on later models.

It was possible to add a secondary speed display in the form of a digital readout in mph which sat in the middle section of the MFD and still retained the kmph in the lower section using VCDS. I tried it a few times on mine (manufactured May 12) and I couldn't get it to play ball. Edited by artichoke273

Thanks Guy's - tried to change it but no joy so I guess it is not a bad thing to have MPH on the main dial and the secondary in KPH 

Thanks Guy's - tried to change it but no joy so I guess it is not a bad thing to have MPH on the main dial and the secondary in KPH 

Mine's shortly going to be the other way round, KPH on the main dial and MPH in digital, at the moment its KPH on both but those foreign speedlimits are in MPH :D