Double ended Mitsumi connector?

Collected the new Octavia today and pleased so far, but one potential issue:-

I have an Ipod touch(30 pin connector) with all my music on it

I also have to use an Iphone 5s for work(Lightning connector)

The supplied Mitsumi connector is 30 pin. Fine for the Ipod but as I can see myself having to connect/disconnect these devices several times per day I'm not too keen on the converters I've seen available (would they be up to this kind of usage?)

Can't see any kind of double-ended jobs online - does anyone know if they're available, or is there another solution?

Nope there is no such cable. But if you music is on your iPod only why ever disconnect it? Are you saying you have music on your iphone too?

Yes but the problem is battery life - I thought it would be neat to keep everything inside the compartment, but if the cable isn't an option then I may just have to use a standard cigr lighter charger

Yes but the problem is battery life - I thought it would be neat to keep everything inside the compartment, but if the cable isn't an option then I may just have to use a standard cigr lighter charger

Why not just consider getting a cheap SD card in the entertainment system of the car, no need to even connect the ipod then? I've seen 128gb for under £33 and with positive reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JAXVUSO

Cheaper if you need less storage. I plan to get one for my car when it finally arrives.

Why not just consider getting a cheap SD card in the entertainment system of the car, no need to even connect the ipod then? I've seen 128gb for under £33 and with positive reviews.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JAXVUSO

Cheaper if you need less storage. I plan to get one for my car when it finally arrives.

Could be an option and bit more theft proof than the ipod :clap:

Think I've got a spare 128MB kicking around so will have a play first - I'm presuming the functionality and artwork etc will be similar from the SD?

Hi

When I ordered my vRS, they had to change the order as ACC was not avaiable, but in changing the order they left out the iPod connection - Mitsumi !!

I now use 2 SD cards, one for music which gets left in the car. The other for podcasts, which I will update when I need to.

FYI it

Looks and acts just the same is if a iPod was connected, and as you say less to nick!!!

Steve

So....if an SD card can give you exact same as an iPod,  then the Mitsumi option is a waste of time? Does the SD card give you access to artists/albums/artwork etc like the iPod?

Also I'm a little baffled that the connector is above the sliding compartment - each time you leave the car you'd have to disconnect the iPod and hide it. If the connector was below then you could just slide the door shut and leave it in there forever....or am I missing something here?

So....if an SD card can give you exact same as an iPod,  then the Mitsumi option is a waste of time?

It depends on how many copies of your music you want to keep - and keep up to date every time you add more / make changes to playlists etc.  Also, it's very simple to sync an iPod with iTunes if that's what you use to manage your music - not so easy to sync an SD card.

So it's not just the 'car' end of the equation you need to think about when working out what is or isn't a waste of time.

• Like 1

It depends on how many copies of your music you want to keep - and keep up to date every time you add more / make changes to playlists etc.  Also, it's very simple to sync an iPod with iTunes if that's what you use to manage your music - not so easy to sync an SD card.

So it's not just the 'car' end of the equation you need to think about when working out what is or isn't a waste of time.

I always thought copy + paste was fairly straight forward enough without the need for additional software. SD card is probably easier to keep synced with your music folder than with iTunes just it's a manual process rather than an automatic one when you start itunes with the device connected.

Copying the music over isn't the difficult part - it's managing the playlists and hacking them when you export one from iTunes to make sure the paths are correct for the SD card etc.

I have this issue with my USB stick full of music in my current car.  And it's why I haven't put any new music on it in the last year or so.

An iPod touch is slides enough under the climate controls to not be visible from outside, I've never unplugged mine while parked.

Can't manage this with mine, it's always visible even when tucked under, and anyway the big data cable plugged into a socket with "MEDIA IN" labelled in very large letters gives the game away.

Just about the only design flaw I can see on the car so far

This is just a three headed charge cable (no connectivity).