What kind of deals are people getting on new vRS?

Sorry if its being asked a lot

Im on my 3rd Octavia vRS, now just over 2 years old with about 20k on the clock.

Ill have a decent wedge towards a deposit I imagine, as I am on a 20kpa solution deal and have done half that (!)

Just wondering with the ~£5k price hike with the launch of the 3rd Gen vRS, what kind of deals are people who have changed from v2 to v3 getting?

Are you paying around the same amount on the monthly payments - thats what matters most to me.

Also, if I am "just" doing an average of about 10k, am I better of getting the petrol next time?

I have had 3 x DSG TDi in a row now and love them, but just think I might be spending too much to have the torque...

thanks for your insight!

Ian

edit - just looked at one of these broker pages car2buy I think, and it came back with quites which vary by only £300 between the CR and TSI, therefore, it makes sense to keep running a diesel I reckon.

Edited by LaceSensor

Why not get a quote from CarWow.co.uk.

When you get a quote back, you can email them back for a finance quote.

If you live in the North West, Simpsons are currently doing a £2000 discount on new Octavias if you trade in an Octavia. You get all the normal finance and servicing deals.

Only catch is delivery is to be taken by the end of September, so if you want a vRS you needed to order about 3 months ago .........

Why not get a quote from CarWow.co.uk.

When you get a quote back, you can email them back for a finance quote.

If you live in the North West, Simpsons are currently doing a £2000 discount on new Octavias if you trade in an Octavia. You get all the normal finance and servicing deals.

Only catch is delivery is to be taken by the end of September, so if you want a vRS you needed to order about 3 months ago .........

Ive dealt with Simpsons for my last 3 cars, so that might be an option.

I will have to give them a call.

I got a quote off the website mentioned, came in around £21k for a barebones TDi CR DSG hatch. so a bit more on top for some options.

Id have the trade in though...

Best regards and thanks for the response

Ian

my mistake I read that link as the same one I used already

seems its a way to get dealers to invite to quote...

ok so I did that, got a quote from simpsons (that includes their £2k offer) which was around £2360 off list.

so...£360 off list...(!)

I took that as an indication that they are just taking the **** like last time I went there to buy a car.

• Like 1

11%, no finance :)

Hi

How come noone is getting anywhere near the online broker prices (up to 19% discount)

Not that 11% is shabby, just wondering.

Ive had one quote that came in at 10.8%

Ian

Some blagger quoted me a better discount for cash than finance

None of the other quotes have that discrepancy, and certainly never had that issue in my past 3 octavias.

Well with non-VRS their margins are lower with the 0% finance, don't think this is the case with VRS though, although perhaps they have a little less margin to play with?

Well with non-VRS their margins are lower with the 0% finance, don't think this is the case with VRS though, although perhaps they have a little less margin to play with?

double post...ooops

Edited by LaceSensor

Difference was a couple of grand.

post-38120-0-45144200-1402508407_thumb.jpg

my mistake I read that link as the same one I used already

seems its a way to get dealers to invite to quote...

ok so I did that, got a quote from simpsons (that includes their £2k offer) which was around £2360 off list.

so...£360 off list...(!)

I took that as an indication that they are just taking the **** like last time I went there to buy a car.

Remember Simpsons are funding the £2k, not Skoda, so they have given you £2360 off of list.

Some blagger quoted me a better discount for cash than finance

None of the other quotes have that discrepancy, and certainly never had that issue in my past 3 octavias.

The 0% and low rate PCP are funded by the dealer. IIRC the 0% costs the dealer 6% of their 14% margin, so you will always get a better quote if you are not taking the finance. The blaggers quoted you the same price for cash, as they are then making more margin!

Hi

How come noone is getting anywhere near the online broker prices (up to 19% discount)

Not that 11% is shabby, just wondering.

Ive had one quote that came in at 10.8%

Ian

Where have you had a quote offering 19% discount on a vRS?