acceleration behaviour after map

Hi recently had my car remapped by a well known workshop and now the accelerations behaviour is something I'm concerned about.

Will speak to workshop as soon as there open but just thought I'd ask here whilst I wait,

I can be in 2,3 or 4th gear and floor it and get a pause in power delivery/ judder that's really noticeable. is this normal its almost if though car slightly stalls before shooting off again.

Its PD170 engine 2008.

Gulp. Just booked mine for a Shark remap by agents in Telford. Never tried anything like this before. Should I be worried? 

Shark is the best in the game for remaps.

There was a very well known stutter issue on the PD170 and Shark are the only ones to have the fix as they developed a fix only they have a code for.

If it's not a map issue though it could be sticky vanes in your turbo which is a very common depending on mileage.

You can name them you know. It's not like you dared to put any form of punctuation at the end if the thread title so no toys should be thrown.

Unless the forum got moved to North Korea whilst I wasn't looking.

I will once I've given them chance to take a look at it lol

I'm booked in for the 30th at 10am. 

Done some googling and it appears kangarooing is the term a lot of skoda driver with remaps use. route course on the forums over the net are 1. N75 boost valve 2. MAF sensor 3. MAP 4. split hoses.

so I'll let the experts check it out for me 1st.

• Like 1

Funnily enough - I've a 2008 PD170 VRS and had developed a slight judder that you describe, shortly after getting it serviced, for a few weeks.  Doesn't seem to be present over 2,000rpm, just in the 1,500 - 2,000rpm range when cruising at that rpm range.  Mine isn't remapped (yet), so think it may be co-incidental with the mapping of your engine.  My DPF light wasn't on has smooth idling at 950rpm.  When the DPF is starts to get clogged (but light not yet lit), the rpm idles at 1,000rpm and acceleration isn't smooth.  I don't that it's the DPF issue with this judder (on mine).

I had thought that with mine, it could have been a sticky EGR valve and had decided to give it a very good thrashing - accelerating hard to red line.  It did then splutter with a slight pop noise from the engine, then the power resumed surging.  It hasn't felt anywhere near as bad now and is more smooth again in that rev range.

think you did the right thing by not naming the company before they had a chance to sort it... even something like this, which isnt necessarliy a bad review as such, can tarnish a companies reputation for quite a long time.

hope your issue gets sorted soon :)