Maxi Dot Instrument Cluster

Does anyone know the p/n for the maxi dot instrument cluster for a 57 PD170 Vrs ? Lots on eBay but none mention maxi dot , is it ever referred to as something else ?

The problem you are having mate is that for the pfl like ours they are like teddy bear sh!t..... [emoji17] just keep searching octavia instrument to try and find a full screen one. Not sure if the later cluster is interchangeable, others may be able to confirm, at least its a diesel which should be more popular, particularly if the later ones are compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above... pretty hard to come by.

You can use any PD instrument cluster so doesn't have to be a vRS one.

I just kept at it for months searching for things like "octavia instruments" "octavia cluster" "octavia clocks" "octavia dash" etc.

You then get quick at flicking through and spotting any that are the maxidot full screen.

I managed to find one from a 1.9 ex-taxi just listed as normal speedo clocks for £50.

Just make sure it's from a PD car... the CR ones WILL NOT work full stop.

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

As above... pretty hard to come by.

You can use any PD instrument cluster so doesn't have to be a vRS one.

I just kept at it for months searching for things like "octavia instruments" "octavia cluster" "octavia clocks" "octavia dash" etc.

You then get quick at flicking through and spotting any that are the maxidot full screen.

I managed to find one from a 1.9 ex-taxi just listed as normal speedo clocks for £50.

Just make sure it's from a PD car... the CR ones WILL NOT work full stop.

Phil

Hi Phil, i take the petrol ones for the FL are just as hard to come by and the other engine varieties don't work? 

Hi Phil, i take the petrol ones for the FL are just as hard to come by and the other engine varieties don't work? 

Yes. I never spotted a single petrol one while searching.

Basically any petrol dash will fit any petrol car.

PD dash only for PD car.

CR dash only for CR car.

Phil

Yes. I never spotted a single petrol one while searching.

Basically any petrol dash will fit any petrol car.

PD dash only for PD car.

CR dash only for CR car.

Phil

Petrol maxidot depends on what software you use.. my 07 cluster cannot be coded on my 05 by the dealer apparently.. so its being shipped off to Eddie with my current cluster to get vag-commandered! :(

an 04-6 cluster can just be done using vag tacho + vcds