**Front Mount Intercooler Kit: HOMEMADE.**

Has Wallace Performance no Rolling Road any more?

http://wallaceperformance.co.uk

wallace ripped theres out and were fitting a newer one, and the lead time was something like 12 weeks... which could mean 3-4 months till it was fitted. 

they had a post on facebook a while ago.

and jim king autotune has his sitting in storage as it was too noisy for his new garage...

so none around aberdeen at the moment :(

im in romania now anyway :(

coming back for my car next month, bring all of mine and my GFs stuff over here, then ill be doing a road trip back to the uk later on when im on my next rotation, to sell the car.

and that will be me out of the fabia world :(

its been fun,

i think a BMW 135i/335i are my next calling, remapped and a few bits they sit at around 400hp, which would be very nice.

Edited by matthewl

Oh, fair enough. With such a nice beemer would it not be a thief magnet around those parts?

This is going to be a long post:

I was on things like trip adviser and the likes looking at reviews of the place, i was not looking forward to coming here one bit!

This is the common misconception of romania, 

I thought if i had my fabia over here it would get nicked, i thought it was going to be a bad place, but living here for around a month now, i have found:

people are stupidly friendly and extremely helpful. (landlord for example, he gave me 10 days rent free, and because i was just getting set up here and im 'young he said' didnt ask for any money until i get paid, the money which i will be giving him is 2000 euros as well so not petty cash!)

i haven't seen one donkey, YET! haha..

i've seen one traditional romanian looking old lady. and im out every day!

dogs, there is an issue with strays, but nothing like the internet makes out, working 7 days a week and being out of the house from 6am-11.30pm most days has shown me quite a bit. there are packs, but the majority are friendly, they just want some food and a pat on their head. LITERALLY (i want to addopt them all!)

english is very common within young people, it gets a bit harder if youre dealing with older people like taxi drivers. it helps to have things wrote down.

Security is BIG here, these guys have H2 hummers/new pickups, branded with security logos, everybody and anybody has security sitting outside, i think here it is considered a sign of wealth, here in romania, they believe in company stamps and wax seals still for things to be official.

CARS, in all seriousness, there are a lot of Daceas, but these daceas are new as in within the past 5 years old imo, you have the odd renault 12/pickup floating around but even these are kept in very good condition.

but now: i have seen 2 aventadors since friday, a couple of c63s, m3s, there is a ferrari garage on the OUTSKIRTS of town with about 12 sitting outside, WITHOUT a guard post out front! :/

there are a lot of new audis, there are 2 RS4s just where i live, i have seen more range rovers and G class mercedes here than i did aberdeen.

Motorbikes, these guys have their plates bent so radar cameras cant get them. its not uncommon at night time to hear them going through all 5-6 gears!

speaking to locals, you have the odd thief, but the bulk of them have left romania, theyre now in the uk/rest of europe.

i get around 4-6taxis every day, I have been ripped off by one taxi at 11pm, in the first week i was here, this came to 60ron instead of around 13ron, this is still only £11 though and it was a fair distance we travelled.

oh best of all, im not lying here! not even slightly exaggerating the truth at all 8-10 women are disgustingly attractive, i brought my girlfriend, she felt extremely threatened, ugly and out of place (SHE ISNT!), she thought i had set it up and it was like a model casting..

love her to bits, but would 100% trade her. haha

cars = amazing!

city = amazing!

women = OUTSTANDINGLY AMAZING!

food = AMAZING

I would literally, no word of a lie, stay here the rest of my life. this is a hidden gem, and THE place to be IMO! you woudlnt think it just by what pops into your head when romania is said.

a girl on my girlfriends plane asked if she was coming here to voulenteer for the summer...

save money, buy property now, as you will make a killing in the next 5 years, you just have to look out of my office window and see all these new buildings being built, the city is littered with cranes! 

Edited by matthewl

See, I am full guilty of the sin of stereotyping here! The last time I was in Romania, only passing by, was a harrowing experience I did not enjoy a bit. I am glad to hear it has changed some much and you are enjoying it so much! 

• Like 1

Where are you Matt?  My work takes me to Bucharest pretty frequently.  I have a couple of good friends out there through work.  Maybe sort a Brisky meet?

My experiences are overall good and I like going there, it's a lot of fun, but I would have to say that there are still the grim bits to it too, in the right/wrong part of the city I am still shocked after 3 years of visiting at the number of stray dogs.  My biggest customer out there is in Mogosoaia and they are unlucky enough to have a Romany Gypsy Witches School next to their offices and warehousing which is interesting to say the least :)

The key thing is that the bad image doesn't represent the larger part of the City.

Can be an utter nightmare to do business in Romania for many reasons including the awful bureaucracy and endemic corruption, but if you live there you are probably getting a handle on some of these things.

I have also found the people on the whole to be really welcoming and would go there on my own money for a hol.

Where are you Matt?  My work takes me to Bucharest pretty frequently.  I have a couple of good friends out there through work.  Maybe sort a Brisky meet?

My experiences are overall good and I like going there, it's a lot of fun, but I would have to say that there are still the grim bits to it too, in the right/wrong part of the city I am still shocked after 3 years of visiting at the number of stray dogs.  My biggest customer out there is in Mogosoaia and they are unlucky enough to have a Romany Gypsy Witches School next to their offices and warehousing which is interesting to say the least :)

The key thing is that the bad image doesn't represent the larger part of the City.

Can be an utter nightmare to do business in Romania for many reasons including the awful bureaucracy and endemic corruption, but if you live there you are probably getting a handle on some of these things.

I have also found the people on the whole to be really welcoming and would go there on my own money for a hol.

Hey man, im actually in Bucharest too! But I am supposedly going down to Constanta quite a bit also. I currently have an apartment out in baneasa by the zoo/embassy seems like a nice safe area imo.

I would be up for a meet up, when are you next coming out here?

Im glad you like it here as well. I didn’t think I would like it, but im actually in love with the place. Wait, what, a Romanian gypsy witches school, that sounds fking horrible! See im kinda lucky, I will probably never see these bad places, I live in sector 1 and work within sector 1, im never going to go out of my way to see them, if you know what I mean? It would be an experience to do so though!

The strays I have dealt with so far have been pretty friendly, and theyre just down and want looking after L I really would love to take one home and give it a second chance.

Urgh don’t get me started on business, that’s where it gets veryyyy tricky, im finding it hard using my UK LTD company out here, im struggling to get my residency registered (which is costing me £500+ disgusting!) as well as other things, I wont go into them ha.

I cant wait to get a car so I can go out and explore a little more/not be limited to what you can do in a taxi!