Skoda Octavia MK1 RS and 1.8T differences

Hello

I was searching a lot but different resources give different information.

Is there any difference beetwen Skoda Octavia I MK1 1.8T (AGU) and Skoda Octavia I MK1 RS (AUQ)

- In turbo?

- Suspension?

- Breaks?

- Any other things which does not belong to exterior (bumpers, seats, etc...)?

Thanks

Is there 2 versions of the vrs? Like a facelift later version. I cant see any difference at glances when I see them on the road.

No all vrs's are facelifted mk1s and started in 2001.

Early ones had 16" alloys instead of 17".

Different wheels entirely on the 1.8T to VRS 

but yes VRS had 16" on early models and estates.

Also the 1.8T 4x4 has a K03s Turbo from 2001 onwards just the mapping is different making the 1.8T 150bhp instead of 180bhp, although the 4x4 1.8T engines are ARX not AGU 

Front Brakes are bigger on VRS being 312mm (same as Audi TT)

FARB set up is different, VRS having same set up as Audi TT/S3 VW Golf R32 / Seat LCR

Ride height is approx 25mm lower on VRS 

The earlier AGU engines had no VVT and a large port head too, and were cable throttle instead of drive by wire. 

The AGU engine is actually tougher than the AUQ and similar in design to the APX / BAM engines in the LCR and Audi TT 225 / S3

• Thanks 1

The RS body shell has a surprising amount of additional welding and stiffening brackets too.

It's not just a normal shell with some decorations stuck on it like most people think.....

• Like 1

The RS body shell has a surprising amount of additional welding and stiffening brackets too.

It's not just a normal shell with some decorations stuck on it like most people think.....

Ooh really? I had no idea about this! So our VRs's are pretty special then?

Tell me - where / what are the additional welding and brackets on the bodyshell?

Cheers!