Gtechniq Trim restorer

I<3myvRS

Hey guys, bought the Gtec trim restorer. Has anyone used this product? My question is what's the best way to prep the trim for best results? I've read some sort of alcohol (isopropyl?) but don't have this. I was thinking AG bird dropping wipes as an alternative? Any suggestions please? Cheers fellers :)

He has some Chris he was wondering what to prepare the panel with something to hand 

Yes - preparation is certainly the key to long term performance with C4 in my experience.

What have you been using on the trim up until now, is one thing to check?

If previous product had a high silicone content - then prepare the areas with IPA 2 or 3 times to get a good base.

Dependent on the detailed areas you may be treating with C4 - also consider masking up the intricate areas to avoid overlap & spills onto painted areas or glass.  :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip Samie1974, I have been using black wow. But have not applied any for some time as I knew I'd be using the c4. So far I have cleaned up with armor all apc. What is IPA? Whatever it is I don't have it. Which is why I thought ag bird poo wipes. They smell like spirits... I will certainly mask up the bumper trim before application.

Thanks for the tip Samie1974, I have been using black wow. But have not applied any for some time as I knew I'd be using the c4. So far I have cleaned up with armor all apc. What is IPA? Whatever it is I don't have it. Which is why I thought ag bird poo wipes. They smell like spirits... I will certainly mask up the bumper trim before application.

Some would say that its India Pale Ale, however in this context it's Isopropyl Alcohol :)

• Like 2

As some have said above a 12% solution of IPA, Carpro Eraser or Gtechniq's own Panel Wipe. 

Clean the area you want to apply it to (polish if necessary), then wipe down with IPA or similar, wipe down with clean microfibre cloth then sparingly apply a small amount of C4 to the applicator pad and wipe in in straight lines and circular motions then wipe down with a clean microfibre (if the microfibre used isn't washed almost straight away it's best to throw the cloth away as it'll crystalise on the cloth and inflict scratches if used on the car body. 

Remember with Gtechniq, less is more, apply sparingly (you can always add to if need be were too much is a waste of product) and wipe off excess. If you don't wipe off the excess the residue will become tacky and problematic in that it'd need polished off when dry and re-applied.