New Euro IV engines for Fabia when?

skodakid

As it will be illegal to sell "new" cars in 2006 that aren't EuroIV compliant, does any insider know when Skoda will move the Fabia on to the new (VW Polo) engines? Basically VW have dropped the SDI and 75bhp PD units and replaced them with two revised 1.4 PD units developing 70 and 80bhp. Skoda (and SEAT) are leaving things late if theyre to clear the Euro III stock before the end of year deadline.

The same will apply to the 1.9Tdi and VRS engines.

FunkySi,

You seem to be getting the opposite story to the rest of the world on everything.

One minute, your Fab vRS is the only one in the world with variable service intervals, and then the next minute it's the only one in the world to have a Euro IV compliant engine.

Are you living in the Twilight Zone or something? ;)

FunkySi' date='

You seem to be getting the opposite story to the rest of the world on everything.

One minute, your Fab vRS is the only one in the world with variable service intervals, and then the next minute it's the only one in the world to have a Euro IV compliant engine.

Are you living in the Twilight Zone or something? ;)[/quote']

Lol - my 'ex' dealer tried to tell me my Fab had variable servicing. "We can't service it until the indicator comes on sir - could be as long a 24000 miles".

****wit.

I thought the EURO IV rule only applied to newly released cars and not existing models.

I'm taxed at 18% for the Furby. Had it been Euro IV it would only be 15%... :thumbup:

Lol - my 'ex' dealer tried to tell me my Fab had variable servicing. "We can't service it until the indicator comes on sir - could be as long a 24000 miles".

:thumbup:

If that was the case... my car still hasnt been serviced over 50k miles

My dealer tried to tell me I'd be on variable when I bought the car; I believed him too - at the time there weren't may 05 platers about so I thought it was a new thing.

Barstewards! :finger:

FunkySi' date='

Are you living in the Twilight Zone or something? ;)[/quote']

:rofl: Was thinking the same. Think your dealer should be named and shamed !

Is the 3 cyl 75 Bhp PD unit being dropped or just modified/upgraded? Wife's Polo has one of these and the MPG is awesome... :thumbup:

Modified...70bhp will replace the 64bhp Sdi and an 80bhp version will replace the existing 75bhp version. I guess it is just an ECU remap, to produce two versions that can sell at two different prices.

SEAT (Spain) has announced that the IBIZA has been just revamped with Euro IV engines as per VW polo, not available in UK yet though.

:rofl: Was thinking the same. Think your dealer should be named and shamed !

Williams SKoda, St Phillips , Bristol.

To be honest I have had endless problems with my car from new, so I'm not impressed with my dealer already. Now I find out they have been feeding me porky pies!!!

I love my little car, but it is beginning to feel like the Alfa I once had, a couple of thrills then bits fall off/break off!!!!

Is it? Seems your employer has supplied false information on a p46 car form.

Wouldn't leave it to my employer, much more sensible to do it yourself.

Spoke to inland rev myself . Explained exacxtly which car I had, so I guess they are the professionals..........

:finger: As its the "employer" providing the company car its the responsibilty of the "employer" to submit a valid P46 (car) form. The employer is obliged to use information on the actual car's registration document with regard to emissions. The employer is also responsible for NIC1a payments on the car and the P11D.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

:finger: As its the "employer" providing the company car its the responsibilty of the "employer" to submit a valid P46 (car) form. The employer is obliged to use information on the actual car's registration document with regard to emissions. The employer is also responsible for NIC1a payments on the car and the P11D.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm talking about ringing up myself and making sure they have the correct information because the last time I ended up leaving it to chance, I had to pay two years back tax in minus three months. Simple really.

I always ring the tax office with any change in my circumstances now and to be fair to the little loves , if I leave a message , they call me back.