Skoda's new Limited Black Edition

So collect mine Tuesday morning first thing. The car was delivered to the dealer on Thursday so the wait is agonizing! Kept myself busy by ordering some Osram nightbreaker unlimited headlight bulbs and Osram Halogen cool blue intense sidelights to complement the headlights with some led's for the license plate. Just want my new toy!! 

• Like 2

So collect mine Tuesday morning first thing. The car was delivered to the dealer on Thursday so the wait is agonizing! Kept myself busy by ordering some Osram nightbreaker unlimited headlight bulbs and Osram Halogen cool blue intense sidelights to complement the headlights with some led's for the license plate. Just want my new toy!!

Awesome... I'm currently counting down the days till my vrs estate is built. It's still on for week 39 so not long to go now.

Nope, well at least thats not what i've been told. I have a factory 'slot', just not a build date yet.

Hi, I just been told by a dealer that the BE is not on the SLI ordering system so can't be ordered. Oh! And "dont believe everything you read on forums" lol!

Hi, I just been told by a dealer that the BE is not on the SLI ordering system so can't be ordered. Oh! And "dont believe everything you read on forums" lol!

I guess an order slot and a build slot are different things. Presumably they aren't taking anymore new stock orders, or building more than they already have existing orders for.

Mine is ordered and accepted on the system, but there is still no build date.

Apparently there are plenty of 1.6's left in both colours, but no 2.0 estates.

I've tried to upgrade to a VRS as there are a 'few available' but they can't make the numbers work for me, so i've just accepted i've got a frustratingly long wait for a black 'Black Edition'!

Edited by jon_r

I was just messing about with the Configurator and noticed you can add the Black Edition pack to the SE Business Edition hatch for £1975, but true to Skoda they haven't provided any details of what you get for your wonga.

The Configurator looks like it adds the 18" wheels and Sunset Glass but doesn't add the sports trim, this could just be down to the image they've used on the Configurator. I'd hope for more than that for nearly £2k. You can add it to any colour, must admit looks good against Race Blue.

Oddly you can't add the BE pack against the combi, it wouldn't surprise me if the BE pack disappeared in a day or so, this has happened before with other options on the Configurator.

Would love to see more photos of the white saloon, looks cracking. Does the black edition come with rear parking sensors? (for the wife)

The info is a bit sketchy but do a search and the BE is based on the SE spec....rear parking sensors included...although I can't see any indication of them on Gav's pic of the rear end.

BTW...I blame the Mrs for most things too!

Edited by Falkster
  • Like 1

Had a look at some of the photos too and can't see any sign of them, unless they're tucked away at the bottom of the bumper on the grey plastic strip. Checked a few websites listing SE spec and definitely saying rear sensors come as standard.

Thinking of going for a white one but lack of sensors could be a deal breaker, current car insignia tourer has them and wife has still managed a couple of bumps.

Anyone know if it comes with phone/radio controls mounted on steering wheel?

Don't panic! The sensors are well hidden in the black strip on the rear bumpers body kit. Shows visually on the infotainment system as well as tone. Posted more photos yesterday on the mk3 Octavia photos topic thread

• Like 2

Ps can control the phone/radio via the trip stalk but no buttons on the steering wheel

That's a bonus but like you said the steering wheel is a bit of a let down...I've been looking for a dealer fit 3 spoke but can only find a mk2 version....I suppose there is always Halfords!

• Like 1

Yes parking sensors aren't located on the top of the bumper. They are hidden very nicely on the rear diffuser at the bottom of the bumper.

Yes parking sensors aren't located on the to of the bumper. They are hidden very nicely on the rear diffuser at the bottom of the bumper.

Nope, well at least thats not what i've been told. I have a factory 'slot', just not a build date yet.

Any update on build date Jon? I'm going for a 2 litre hatch in Moon White stock is available.

Edited by Falkster
  • Like 1

I'm now being told unofficially a week 47 build, so in all likelyhood a 2015 delivery. I've been offered the same car with DSG with an almost immediate delivery, but it's £1k more. Really can't decide what to do.