The Tour De France - Skoda Fest Edition. No Bikes. Pic Heavy!

WookieeM

It's a left hooker too, which would match his train. Not sure if he'd like all the transfers though. But we all know someone who would......

• Like 1

I am sure the first half years Skoda factory production was involved preceding the Tour.

Very true. Could have taken way more pics but my camera battery was on it way out! Doh!

I wonder why they went all the way to France to get the cars for the Tour de Yorkshire... ... ...oh, I know they ordered them from SUK over six months ago, and only one turned up in time, so they had to borrow the rest from France, apparently they came as a special deal with an air craft carrier! :rofl:

Perhaps they've heard about the Yorkshire dealers    :notme:

....probably why I bought my latest from a Lincolnshire dealer! :rofl:

Silsden is my home town, just a short trip up the hill on the day for a great vantage point.

Got to say sat on the outside of that bend was a bit scary!

Yes I take that bend at 50. I can get 60 going down hangingstone lane past cow and calf every day

Gulp! Respect!

Hope your helmet is firmly attatched!

Thats not scary being hit by cars is scary. Last year was on page 3 of T and A and olook north after some blind 75 year old hit me at 35 mph at the bankfield roundabout . ( he got his license recinded) carbon bike destroyed but just conconcussion . Have been hit 3 times on a roundabout. So speed does not scare me

On a slightly different tack my mate at work went to the TDF for the weekend and had his bike nicked off the back of the motorhome they'd rented on the campsite at 2.30 am. His daughter spotted it on gumtree for £400, about a third of what it's worth. He gave plod the details and the **** from Sheffield is 'well known' to the boys in blue. They set up a sting at a local train station where he was supposed to meet him but the street rat rumbled them so my mate is now without his bike, due in part to the police's poor handling of it. Just to make matters worse he's not listed it on his house insurance either so he'll get little or nothing from the insurance company by the time the deduct the excess. It's a hard lesson to learn and I feel sorry for him. His cycling mates took the p1 ss the rest of the weekend too which didn't help. He wishes he'd just paid the scroat the £400 now as it'd been a lot cheaper than how its panned out.

apparently the little turd had 2 'for sale' so will make more in a weekend nicking bikes than I make in a week full time. There's something wrong with society when this is allowed to happen IMO

The painted metal balls look good on the bridge look good in Silsden, shame I destroyed my rear wheel dropping down from East Morton to Silsden yesterday .Going for a hope one now, £240 though ! should last longer than 6 months though, Mavic are no longer what they once were