Does anyone know where the alarm siren is on a 2010 Fabia 2?

Hi everyone. I have a knackered siren on my alarm so need to change the unit. I have had a good search on briskoda and google but can't find any info for the fabia 2.

If anyone knows where its hiding it will help me swap it over quicker.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry i do not know where it is on your car, but you are probably looking in the right place. 

Re the Alarm Siren & Replacing.

Many do not know that on the Service Schedule/ 'Skoda Guidlines', the Alarm Siren is to be replaced every 5 years.

? Have you bought a new one, or a used one?

• Like 1

Sorry i do not know where it is on your car, but you are probably looking in the right place.

Re the Alarm Siren & Replacing.

Many do not know that on the Service Schedule/ 'Skoda Guidlines', the Alarm Siren is to be replaced every 5 years.

? Have you bought a new one, or a used one?

I didnt know that!

Hmm. I bet most dealers dont bother though.

• Like 1

Eddie-NL I could kiss you! I have been under the fabia for 2 hours. Took both front wheel arch liners off, couldn't find it. Searched the engine bay and just as I was about to give up I rechecked this thread and saw your reply. So for anyone doing this who has a broken siren battery causing alarm issues. The siren is under the scuttle tray, bang in the centre, slightly to the right of the central wiper arm if you are stood in front of the car. It was a 20 minute fiddly job but I managed it without taking the wipers off.

Thanks for all replies.

I bought a new one it was an eye watering 117.95 from TPS!

The one I took off was Italian no brand on it. The replacement is Bosch and is quite a lot heavier. Hopefully that means it will last more than 4 years this time.

I'm quite disappointed this has broken. My other fabia is a 2006 and i think it is a similar part but has not died yet. Must have been a dodgy cell in this unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem. I cut the old unit in two round the seam to get into it. the batteries are two Varta Mempac 3.6 volts strapped together.

I trawled the internet, but couldn't find the same battery anywhere. So I bought two seperate ones which cost me £10 95, and soldered these onto the board.

A bit of a fiddly job, but better than paying silly money for a new one. I stuck the case together with silicone. and it seem's to be fine.