Fabia alarm started to go off for (seemingly) no reason - help

Hi all

As the title really. Our 2001 Fabia estate 1.9TDi has had the alarm go off without reason, well none the I can find anyway. Has anyone had this please and if so can they offer any advice?

It seems to be OK during daylight but goes off randomly between about 22:30 and 02:00, which seems very odd to me. It wasn't raining or particularly cold, no strong winds and we live in a cul-de-sac so no passing tyre kickers or window tappers.

Is the alarm voltage sensitive? just wondering if the battery is a little low, maybe check that later today when I can get out to it...

Maybe I can pull out a fuse to disable the alarm, does anyone know if this is possible and again, if so where to find appropriate fuse please?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

TIA

Keith

Do you have any issues with the car locking itself and not making the beep if you leave the lights on with the keys out of the ignition?

A dodgy door lock switch can cause those and your alarm to randomly go off.

My old trusty 2005 Fabia VRS does have the alarm set-off on it's own, after being locked-up.

Tried and tested method, the rear tail gate locking mechanism (BIG black button) given some vigorous pressing down and releasing seems to do the trick, for a few months anyway.

If weather is damp/drizzling/rainy this seems the ideal condition for the alarm to trip itself off. 

The other time alarm will trip itself off, that's if our Labrador is locked in the car, and I haven't pressed the remote lock button twice.

As the dog hops into the driver seat she trips the alarm otherwise....LOL

I opened and shut the tailgate several times using the big button by the rear number plate. It seems to be OK for now, well for a couple of days anyway :)

Thanks all

Keith

I have just checked the battery voltage and found it was 12.4 volts, so I have charged the battery back up today, now reading 13.2 volts, so I am a bit happier with that...

We will wait and see if it wakes us up in the middle of the night again :(

Thanks for all the replies, I may be back......

Keith