wiper question - teardrop wipe?

• 2 weeks later...
teardrop wipe will be work if take this Coding: 065DFD in WWS, and make adaptation Traenenwischen Front Status-Not Active! But coding for WWS 0E4DFD from Golf7 is better as for my.

oneting teardrop wipe doesn't work if temperature below 4 degrees Celsius and it works only in motion.

ps sorry fo my English :peek:

Edited by zf210
  • Like 1

teardrop wipe will be work if take this Coding: 065DFD in WWS, and make adaptation Traenenwischen Front Status-Not Active! But coding for WWS 0E4DFD from Golf7 is better as for my.
oneting teardrop wipe doesn't work if temperature below 4 degrees Celsius and it works only in motion.
ps sorry fo my English :peek:

My controller rejected the new coding (out of range) :(

Do I need a security code (other than 31347) or anything else?

What is the difference between the 2 new coding?

My controller rejected the new coding (out of range) :(

Do I need a security code (other than 31347) or anything else?

What is the difference between the 2 new coding?

you coded subunit "Front wiper motor"(WWS)? if it, i use  31347, 0E4DFD this coding from G7, if use it, wisher will be park under the hood, when you turn the ignition off, and not where they would find this procedure in the rain, but need change adaptation "wiser stop bei 15klemme" was "active" - need "niht active" . I did it ODIS, our man did VCDS 12.12.0.

Edited by zf210

you coded subunit "Front wiper motor"(WWS)? if it, i use  31347, 0E4DFD this coding from G7, if use it, wisher will be park under the hood, when you turn the ignition off, and not where they would find this procedure in the rain, but need change adaptation "wiser stop bei 15klemme" was "active" - need "niht active" . I did it ODIS, our man did VCDS 12.12.0.

Yes, I selected WWS (mine is WWS371 131220) and tried to change the coding - but no success.

I tried with the security code 31347 and without it many times.

I also set the teardrop wipe front status to not active (I activated it earlier).

Controller rejects the new coding...both 065DFD and 0E4DFD and I always get the "request is out of range" message.

Does this trick work with cars with auto wipers (rain sensor)?

• Like 1

Yes, I selected WWS (mine is WWS371 131220) and tried to change the coding - but no success.

I tried with the security code 31347 and without it many times.

I also set the teardrop wipe front status to not active (I activated it earlier).

Controller rejects the new coding...both 065DFD and 0E4DFD and I always get the "request is out of range" message.

Does this trick work with cars with auto wipers (rain sensor)?

It coding works with rain sensor(my coding for rain sensor 06885D).

try it WWS 0BC5FD (Seat Leon)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I must have seen at least 20 MkIII Octavias now of varying specs - SE, Elegance & vRS - and not one of them has teardrop wipe enabled for the front wiper (or rear for that matter) from the factory. There are two specific adaptation channels on the 09 BCM

(4)-Rear Window Wiper-Traenenwischen Heck

(17)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status

and I haven't seen a car come from the factory with these enabled.

Things may have changed for the 2015MY as a new RLFS sensor has been introduced from build week 22, 5Q0955547A RLHS, so things do change from the factory.

sorry for digging this topic, but I would like to ask if you tried any Octy without autowipers?

• 11 months later...

I almost forgot to post the results. :)

The coding below is working on mine (with auto wipers) and on my friends' (without auto wipers) as well.

Teardrop wipe is disabled below 5 C degree, but wiper parking still works. :)

The delay is about 5 seconds, as on the video.

The adaptation channel '(17)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status' doesn't need changing (not active).

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

select slave module WWS371

Long Coding helper

Byte 0 - check Bit 3 (Adaptive Post/Tear Wiping Active)

Byte 1 - uncheck Bit 4 (Stop with Terminal 15 OFF active) *

Byte 2 - check Bit 5 (Post/Tear Wiping active)

or simply change the coding from 065DDD to 0E5DFD or 0E4DFD *

* includes wiper park when ignition off (wipers don't stop in the middle of the windscreen and always return to park position)

video 1

video 2

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

Result! I haven't bothered looking at this in over a year, is there a VCDS label file for WWS now?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, quite detailed :)

• 7 months later...

I almost forgot to post the results. :)

The coding below is working on mine (with auto wipers) and on my friends' (without auto wipers) as well.

Teardrop wipe is disabled below 5 C degree, but wiper parking still works. :)

The delay is about 5 seconds, as on the video.

The adaptation channel '(17)-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen Front Status' doesn't need changing (not active).

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

select slave module WWS371

Long Coding helper

Byte 0 - check Bit 3 (Adaptive Post/Tear Wiping Active)

Byte 1 - uncheck Bit 4 (Stop with Terminal 15 OFF active) *

Byte 2 - check Bit 5 (Post/Tear Wiping active)

or simply change the coding from 065DDD to 0E5DFD or 0E4DFD *

* includes wiper park when ignition off (wipers don't stop in the middle of the windscreen and always return to park position)

video 1

video 2

Hi, I just saw your instructions and made coding in very same way. I have Octavia MY 2014 with automatic wipers. Unfortunately I had no result. In what position wiper handle should be, if it is important at all?!

Thanx

Hi, I just saw your instructions and made coding in very same way. I have Octavia MY 2014 with automatic wipers. Unfortunately I had no result. In what position wiper handle should be, if it is important at all?!

Thanx

Was the coding accepted by the controller?

Wasn't it too cold when you tested it? 'Icy roads' warning always disables teardrop wipe.

Some controllers need (soft) reset after coding to start changes work.

Option 1: use the 'Soft reset' function in VCDS while coding

Option 2: restore the (wipers related) factory settings in infotainment menu

Option 3: wait a few hours with locked car

Edited by aki78

I got message coding successful.

Outside was more than 10 C degrees.

What does exactly means "soft reset" and can I do that?

Options 1 and 2 are clearly precise and I will try to do it.

Option 3, should I lock a car and wait for couple of hours?

In what position wiper handle should be, if it is important at all, during testing? 

Thank you in advance

I got message coding successful.

Outside was more than 10 C degrees.

What does exactly means "soft reset" and can I do that?

Options 1 and 2 are clearly precise and I will try to do it.

Option 3, should I lock a car and wait for couple of hours?

In what position wiper handle should be, if it is important at all, during testing? 

Thank you in advance

I forgot to mention it doesn't work when in stationary. You need to go for a test drive. :)

Should work in both OFF and AUTO positions as well...