Octvais Estate: Boot floor completely removable?

Can the fake boot floor be removed completely or just folded back?

Cheers

Tom

I am assuming that it is same as Mk2 and can just be lifted out.

John.

I'm note sure it can be easily removed on the Mk III. I tried the other day (admittedly half heartedly) and could not see how to remove my VBF.

From memory I think there was another earlier thread about this. Try a search.

Edited by Minimoke

I have the standard boot floor in the estate (not the variable boot floor) & it is just a piece of cardboard (yes cardboard not wood) with carpet glued onto it.

I can't say I've tried to take it out completely but I would imagine it would just lift straight out leaving the bare metal underneath.

I have the standard boot floor in the estate (not the variable boot floor) & it is just a piece of cardboard (yes cardboard not wood) with carpet glued onto it.

I can't say I've tried to take it out completely but I would imagine it would just lift straight out leaving the bare metal underneath.

Yes, Skoda officially provides their premium load-lugging estate/combi with the world's cheapest boot floor. The floor on mine caved in within the first week when my daughter climbed in the back. It is a horribly crap, pathetic excuse for flooring. 3mm MDF type material covered with equally low quality carpet. I patched mine up with a bit of ply and covered it with the offical rubber boot mat. I will eventually build a proper dual level boot floor that can take a proper load.

Yes, Skoda officially provides their premium load-lugging estate/combi with the world's cheapest boot floor. The floor on mine caved in within the first week when my daughter climbed in the back.

Wow! I've been in the boot of mine several times both sat down and kneeling and had no issues with the floor and I weight just under 14stone.  Least we know who ate all the pies now. ;):D

Maybe the people who've had it cave in didn't have the spare wheel underneath supporting it? Mine seems ok, but I have the rubber mat and a spare wheel...

The spare wheel doesn't support it though, certainly not the 18" space saver in my vRS, the floor sits on the polystyrene part that holds the tools and the metal floor of the car either side of the wheel well.

The spare wheel doesn't support it though, certainly not the 18" space saver in my vRS, the floor sits on the polystyrene part that holds the tools and the metal floor of the car either side of the wheel well.

Pretty sure he was referring to the variable boot floor, which is only really supported at the edges and I can imagine it caving easily off a kid jumped in the boot on the joint

Well, that's kind of what I meant, the gubbins under the floor supporting the floor in the middle - do cars without spare wheels have all that?

Well, that's kind of what I meant, the gubbins under the floor supporting the floor in the middle - do cars without spare wheels have all that?

Yes, they have a polystyrene piece holding the gunk and compressor.

I've asked the dealer to replace the standard spare with a space saver, then I was going to look at ditching the polystyrene piece, since it looks to waste a lot of room, and put the tools in a plastic box or suchlike.

From the above it sounds like you'd have to keep it though?