WaveyDavey's Superb Twindoor

WaveyDavey

Yeah will do Simeon.

As I say I've had them on both our vRSs in the past with no issues so can't explain why these are like they are. I'm awaiting a reply from the seller but a return claim has been put in to eBay also so any issues they will take it up on my behalf etc....

• Like 1

Well the deflectors saga is all sorted.

I started a return with the seller last week stating that the deflectors just didn't seem to fit correctly and were bowing outwards and not allowing the windows to even get close to closing etc..... About three or four days later i got a reply from the seller with a link to a YouTube video showing how to fit them. I replied back saying i had already fitted them as per the instructions again saying i had experience of fitting them and removing them on vehicles before and had nothing like the issues here.

A couple of days later i get another reply saying that if i was having problems with the windows closing i could "always get my local mechanic to adjust all the electric windows so that they weren't as sensitive when closing"... All at my own cost of course!!!! They also sent another link to another YouTube video this time explaining how to rectify issues with windows not closing when the wind deflectors are fitted...... To a Civic Type-R!!! Before even watching it i knew what it would be about as having had a CTR previously i know the windows are very very thin to save weight and therefore the gaps the windows and the wind deflectors need to fit into are also very narrow so therefore you have issues getting the windows to close. Well i watched the video and surprise surprise it was as i thought and the remedy was very much specific to owning a Type-R of that age and nothing relating to the issues i was having on the Superb.

So i reply again politely saying that i had watched the video etc.... and having had a CTR myself could say the issues weren't the same etc.... again mentioned previous experience with Team Heko etc....

This time i heard nothing back at all for about another four days so i raised a case with ebay yesterday. Ebay have just replied back this morning ruling in my favour. They have raised something interesting though.... They have reviewed all the comms between the seller and myself and are happy i have repeatedly tried to explain what the issue was etc.... but also they have noted that the listing is shown as being located in the UK.... But when they look at the returns info the seller has, and would have given me if i had to return them, it is located in Germany and so for those two reasons they have ruled in my favour and have given me a full refund including postage costs.

So there we go... Looks like it was a good job i hadn't suggested returning them in the end like i was originally as what i thought was going to be a few quid to post back to somewhere in the UK would have been a pretty expensive return to Germany!!!!

• Like 2

Booked her in at the local dealers this afternoon for the DSG oil & filter change. It's an extra £25 compared to my usual mechanic but i want them to check for any issues with the DSG while its still under warranty. I've noticed the downshift from 3rd to 2nd can sometimes seem a bit early and that upshifts sometimes seem delayed with the car hovering in 4th for instance for a few seconds when 5th would be easily ok. I have done some comparison drives going to and from work and have got a good 3-5 mpg better when driving in manual compared to auto.... And this has been at 5 and 6 o'clock in the morning on totally clear roads etc....

So i've asked them to look into it and check if there are any software updates or if it needs a reboot etc... I must say though that since driving it quite a bit recently in manual the issues don't seem as bad now when driving in auto???? 

Did all go well at the service sir? Is the DSG 'back to normal' post service?

Dave

I only booked it in yesterday.... It's going in next week for the actual DSG oil and filter change.

• Like 1

So as to keep Simeon happy...... :D

These arrived this morning so fitted them this afternoon before going to work..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It was a very very sunny day today with the front of the car facing towards the sun so probably not the best way to try and compare them to the previous LED bulbs but i think they were slightly more visible than the previous LED bulbs i had in and i had no bulb warnings come up on the dash.

I'll have another look at them over the next few days when it's not so bright.

• Like 2

Had another look at them this morning before I went to bed and they certainly seem brighter than the previous LED ones I had in the DRLs. I have some pictures.....

This is the original LED bulb that was in there and was taken yesterday when it was very sunny....

24cec5dedbc3fad38797db21456a0139_zpsm4v8

This is the new style LED bulb in and again taken when it was very sunny yesterday.... I think you can see it appears to be brighter than the other bulb in the bright sunshine.

a0329d5066ce194ace31070789d73027_zps9ft7

And this is a picture taken this morning when it wasn't as bright and sunny..... They really are brighter than the old ones.....

9878ca07797b547dba265d79e8659232_zpsux3w

• Like 4

are Skoda fuses Standard, Mini or Micro.....i have not a cluedo

The ones in the fusebox at the end of the dashboard are all standard or mini. I used a standard position for the dash cam.

Me? I'm always happy, me... :( :D

They look good. Money well spent methinks! :thumbup:

Well seeing as i trialled these ones, which were the cheaper £20 ones, it must be your turn to trial the original ones i looked at so as to get a fair comparison and therefore give a final thumbs up to whichever is the brightest bulb.... The things we do for the greater SuperB population eh??? ;)

Here's the link to the original £25 ones i was looking at matey. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311189393569?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Haha! You make me laugh :D

I've already got LED fogs & DRLs.

IMG_20140518_204952_zpsgdixqxlb.jpg

But thanks... :D:thumbup:

They look like the LED DRLs i've just replaced so i can't accept that i'm afraid. ;)

Out of interest though are the LED fogs as bright as the normal bulbs? I wouldn't mind changing but i need them to be just as good if not better as i do sometimes have to use them in anger with the times  and places i drive at.

So as to keep Simeon happy...... :D

These arrived this morning so fitted them this afternoon before going to work..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It was a very very sunny day today with the front of the car facing towards the sun so probably not the best way to try and compare them to the previous LED bulbs but i think they were slightly more visible than the previous LED bulbs i had in and i had no bulb warnings come up on the dash.

I'll have another look at them over the next few days when it's not so bright.

What registration year is yours? My 2011 is very temperamental when it comes to LEDs

What registration year is yours? My 2011 is very temperamental when it comes to LEDs

Mine is a 60 plate.... Built end of October 2010 but to MY11 specs.

I'd say they're brighter than the original bulbs. Certainly whiter... I think that's less effective in fog though?!

For me, rarely if ever need front fog lights but they're great when they come on in reverse & cornering + I've got them coded as CH+LH lights too, saves the xenons firing up each time & the rapid, white light is highly effective.

Linky?

Took her in to the dealers today for the DSG oil & filter change and to check if there was anything amiss with the DSG as i mentioned previously. And all came back ok.... I spoke to the two service guys and they said everything was within spec and they couldnt replicate the issues i'd mentioned which i thought they might struggle with as it only happens at certain times. I chatted to them both about the fact i only mentioned it to cover myself in case it was a developing issue, rather than just me being over sensitive about the box, for if anything develops just after the warranty finishes in a couple of months so at least i could prove that i had raised an issue whilst within warranty and they agreed it was a good idea and have put down on the paperwork that the issue was raised but couldn't be replicated and for customer to monitor so it can be used if required after the warranty has expired.

Must admit it does seem to be shifting a little smoother again so maybe the DSG was just ready for the oil and filter change??? Maybe a little like when a car has an engine oil and filter change and can run a little smoother afterwards???

• Like 2

Yeah I find that cars always seem to run like new after a service. But I do ask myself if it could be partly phycological because it's all fresh oil and plugs etc... I've not had any issues with dsg since owning my Octy vRS TSI and the v6. Just my Haldex pump and labour cost close to £400!

Well it's maybe not just me imagining it being smoother.....

Had a nice clear run to work this morning at just gone 5am and drove it in auto all the way in and the mpg was back to showing what i was getting driving in manual before it went in this week.... (The previous runs were also all clear runs at the same times etc....)

So have they done something... reset etc??? in which case i would have thought it would have driven rougher whilst it relearnt my driving style again.... Or is it simply a case of the oil & filter change being done???

I'm confused..... :S