WaveyDavey's Superb Twindoor

WaveyDavey

I love these pedals!

I should also get some black matts; ) very sensible lol!

It was the sales guy's reccomendation when I got the car.... He said he'd seen the state that Ivory mats get into and suggested black would be better and would look good after the initial couple of days getting used to them against the ivory interior.

Have to say he was right.

NO! To the vRS badges... :D

Is there a bling bit available for the dead pedal/footrest?

Don't worry....... The vRS badges were a joke....... :)

I believe you can get fancy footrests but they only come in black so I didn't bother looking much into them. Superskoda did used to do an ivory one but it was LHD only so no good for me either.

• Like 1

Just found this on fleabay........ Looks like it is fixed on the top of the existing footrest and looks to be a very similar shape.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK5-MK6-LEON-1P-SCIROCCO-OCTAVIA-MK2-FOOTREST-WITH-BLACK-RUBBER-BACKING-/151340125782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item233c930e56

• Like 1

Looks identical, doesn't it. Could be a good find.

Tell them you'll test fit it for them - if it fits, you'll send a pic and they can add it to their description - for a discount, natch   ;)

Like those pedals too... And I knew I recognised them!! (Perhaps I'll swap mine over if I get the V6!)

V V V

Looks identical, doesn't it. Could be a good find.

Tell them you'll test fit it for them - if it fits, you'll send a pic and they can add it to their description - for a discount, natch   ;)

Like those pedals too... And I knew I recognised them!! (Perhaps I'll swap mine over if I get the V6!)

V V V

Out of interest..... What does your car have as it's footrest? Is it a plain plastic one like mine or do you get a matching metal footrest in the Octy vRS?

I have the same as you. Just in black dimpled plastic instead.

Would you say it looks to be the same shape / part in both cars? Just different colour obviously.

I've found the website of the previous eBay seller... And this is their Skoda footrest page.....

http://www.creationsmotorsport.com/products-by-category.php?main=17&catID=165

Might contact them about fitting just not sure how it would look on the top of an ivory footrest compared to a black footrest.

How did you do the keys Dave; just put stickers on?

I removed the original metal fob badges and replaced them with the new metal fob badges sourced from AliBaba by WookieM...... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/238914-new-badges-fitted-with-pictures/?p=4168906

The link to the seller on AliExpress..... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-black-white-Skoda-key-remote-fob-emblem-sticker-14mm-Skoda-Yeti-octavia-super-fabia/32257606197.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

I did all four of our fobs today... The design of the fob has changed slightly over the years.... With the fobs from our 2005 vRS the old badges are easy to remove but the new ones only just fit in the recess.... And with the newer fobs on my car the old badges are a sod to remove but the recess is slightly larger so the new badges fit better.

You can see the slight design changes in the picture below.... My fobs are on the left and the mrs' are on the right.

9F322E06-AAE3-4812-9F7F-A584B86A1E95_zps

And a couple of closer ones of the new badge on my fob....

45C9156C-2D6A-4E33-9BF8-F474B2511A63_zps

2702C244-A959-4057-8C50-2CB8210E5E3F_zps

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

These arrived earlier today..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230746242836?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I'd seen a couple of people who said they had worked in twindoors without issues so thought I'd try them.

Fitted them but they flagged up the number plate bulb warning even though they are CANBUS so after a quick alteration by Simbo with VCDS to disable the number plate bulb check they were put back in and obviously no warning.

I've seen mention of people not wanting to do this when using LEDs in the number plate lights but to be honest whenever an LED bulb has gone on mine so far the CANBUS system hasn't detected it anyway with the resisters in the units so don't think it's much of an issue disabling the bulb check on those two bulbs as they would still need checking periodically anyway in my opinion if you see what I mean.....

And also ordered a set of Team Heko wind deflectors for the car too. Had them on my vRS before so know the advantages of them and think they still look good on the Superb. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141386217845?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 2

The LEDs in the numberplate lights have just come back out again..... Just nipped out for some food at work and the bulb warning/check numberplate message came up again.... And that is with the numberplate checkbox changed to LED!!! Anyway both bulbs were working fine but bulb warning wouldn't go away.... And i used the lights yesterday while i was out so don't know why its taken three days for the warning to come back on.... And especially with it coded out on VCDS???

So gone back to the original normal bulbs and the warning has gone again.

Believe me i said more than Gahhhhh... :swear:

Did the swap during a break in the rain and managed to get right till the very end before losing my balance while i was crouched down and ended up sat in a puddle!!!!!..... So luckily i had my PPE gear in the boot so my jeans are now drying on a radiator while i'm sat in a very fetching pair of DayGlo orange Hi-Viz trousers for a couple of hours :swear:

• Like 2

Cant you swop out the whole shabang, I did with LED complete lights and lenses,( with resisters ) but Ste has thses on his http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-OEM-VW-GOLF-PASSAT-SCIROCCO-SEAT-LED-license-plate-lights-1K8943021-C/271497461648?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29952%26meid%3Dfafbfee3fd234d1fb21e308a970020f4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D271777911806 both work fine, and as regards to that foot rest I had that same one in my Octy vRS 

• Like 2

Cant you swop out the whole shabang, I did with LED complete lights and lenses,( with resisters ) but Ste has thses on his http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-OEM-VW-GOLF-PASSAT-SCIROCCO-SEAT-LED-license-plate-lights-1K8943021-C/271497461648?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29952%26meid%3Dfafbfee3fd234d1fb21e308a970020f4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D271777911806 both work fine, and as regards to that foot rest I had that same one in my Octy vRS 

Yeah the other option is to replace them with the VAG ones. If i'm honest i'm not that bothered about them to pay that much though so they'll probably stay as they are now.

Also think i'm gonna leave the footrest now. Not sure how it would look with the black rubber showing through the metal when the rest of the footrest is in ivory. If it had been the black interior i would have defo had the footrest to match.

Well I've got some LEDs from China cost 13 quid , original China ones were in when I got it 2 years ago and only just stating to dim so I replaced

Which ones do you have?

Oh dear.... I'm really not having much luck this week..... :(

Been out to put the Team Heko wind deflectors on the car... Thought i'd pop them in without uncovering the securing tape first... Good job i did i think!!!

Put the rears on ok-ish.... The drivers side rear had poorly placed securing tape and it would have been visible from outside of the car as it wasn't far enough onto the tab that goes into the window opening. Then the problems started... Put the drivers one in....just!!! When it was in it seemed as though it was too long as it was bulging out slightly mid way along and the window wouldn't shut at all.... In fact the window wouldn't even get close to the fully closed position at all on any attempt. Then tried the passenger side one to check if that was as bad..... And it was worse.... So much so that it has broken at the end just trying to get it to fit into position!!!

Now i've had Team Heko deflectors in two cars and never had issues fitting them at all... They were also perfect fits and the windows would close fine even without the extra metal clips in one of the cars so i'm left wondering whether these ones are just poorly designed for the Superb II (Probably not likely), Were just a faulty set (But why issues with both front ones rather than just one of them???) or have i purchased a counterfeit set???? They have come in all the correct packaging as my others did so not sure...

Anyway time to e-mail the seller and let them know of the situation and see whether i've lost my £33 or whether we can come to some sort of agreement. :(