Tyre Wear vRS

A weak damper can cause a Spring to be weakened because it is worked harder, and a Tyre can wear.

A Traffic calming measure, hit hard can weaken or break a spring, which can cause a damper to fail.

Or just the hit is hard enough or a regular hit has the Damper fail,

which can cause a tyre to wear.

Cause & Effect. or Chicken and Egg.

One part of a suspension failed or failing effects the other parts, or may affect the other parts.

It is all pretty basic stuff really.

Yes, that is understood. What I meant actually was whether suspension components, excluding dampers and springs, are weak enough to distort at such an impact (not taking flying jumps through humps, rather 20-30mph kind of speed) and effect suspension geometry?

• Like 1

I'm guessing from this the tracking must have been out as I got billed for it. Although they did tell my mother that they can't alter camber and caster "because it's a fabia"....

Can someone decipher it? It was too little too late anyway as the tyre on the inside got to the cords. Never ever had that on any car before.So that another two new Michelin's to fork out for...

IMG_20140721_192710_zpsc81faa3e.jpg

• 1 month later...

After having the car lowered on Eibach Springs (Skoda approved ones), 12,600km my inside fronts are gone.  Rest of the tyre still has 4-5mm left. 

The camber angel is getting worse, I checked it 3 months ago and I recall it been -3.00 now its -4.00.

Question is what do I need to do to rectify this problem?

I'm guessing from this the tracking must have been out as I got billed for it. Although they did tell my mother that they can't alter camber and caster "because it's a fabia"....

Can someone decipher it? It was too little too late anyway as the tyre on the inside got to the cords. Never ever had that on any car before.So that another two new Michelin's to fork out for...

IMG_20140721_192710_zpsc81faa3e.jpg

It looks like you had -1 on the LHS & -0.5 on the RHS & the tech has moved the x-member to make it almost the opposite. Which is probably bad & making it pull to the right. If there's 60 minutes in a degree tehn they should be aiming for about 1/4 degree less -ve on the RHS than the left (cross camber.

RHS castor should be less than the left as well or will pull left. There should be enough movement in the x-member to sort this out. This is a non-wear angle.

Front end was toe-out which would cause inner edge wear. They've set it slightly in.

They've also done something odd to the rear camber - which isn't really adjustable unless you do some major disassembly.

Next time someone asks what your alignment settings & tyre pressures are, maybe give them the specs rather than "it's right"

On rear torsion beam cars like mk2 vRS front geometry adjustments effect the rear hence you can see it changing without actually doing anything to it. 

I am susrprised at your positive toe, -0.05 tends to be good on both wheels. This will also help your camber out a bit