Mirror fold when locking ?

Is it possible to set up the mirrors to fold when I look the car ?

Couldn't find anything in the MFD, although to be fair I've only just found out I had folding mirrors, doh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are folding mirrors only standard on the SE Plus, Elegance and L & K

On my 2008 SE I could fold mirrors in by holding down the lock button. I would assume this has not changed on the F/L Superb's.

Nope, that didn't work, guessing I might not be able to do it on my car, not sure on the spec to be honest, I know it has a lot of kit on it, so poss SE spec,

I can fold them only when the vehicle is stationary, and possibly only when the key is in the ignition, not even sure how I actually got them to work

If you have managed to fold the mirrors using the knob on the drivers door then you will be able to fold them by pressing down and holding the lock button on the keyfob.

It's working now, no idea why it didn't work the other night when I tried, although they don't fold out when unlocking, but when the ign is turned on

thanks for help, there's a load more stuff on this car than my 10yo Fabia VRS

It's working now, no idea why it didn't work the other night when I tried, although they don't fold out when unlocking, but when the ign is turned on

So has my grandson's "little Tykes" car. :notme:  :D

From memory Andy the Electric Folding Mirrors were standard on the SE  :) 

Correct, they are. My SE has them.

They won't fold out on unlocking only when you start the car again.

I've been folding my mirrors from the keyfob for the last year or so.  Yesterday it stopped working, from the keyfob - works fine inside the car.

Any one had this or have any clues before I phone up Skoda?  

I've been folding my mirrors from the keyfob for the last year or so.  Yesterday it stopped working, from the keyfob - works fine inside the car.

Is the battery in the key fob ok or need replacing?  I've noticed the window closing function not working before when the battery was going down.

Is the battery in the key fob ok or need replacing?  I've noticed the window closing function not working before when the battery was going down.

Mine stopped working this afternoon: the solution (found on here some years ago) was to reset the window position sensors by running all of the electric windows down and up to their full extent.  Thereafter the folding mirrors were restored...

m.

Thanks for the ideas.

Superb170 tried with the reserve keyfob (unused) with no result (car a year old so think it unlikely it is dead on the reserve)

Mark, tried running all windows up and down via the keyfob,  No joy :(

Mine stopped working this afternoon: the solution (found on here some years ago) was to reset the window position sensors by running all of the electric windows down and up to their full extent.  Thereafter the folding mirrors were restored...

m.

+1 this solution works on Yeti too.

Thanks for the ideas.

Superb170 tried with the reserve keyfob (unused) with no result (car a year old so think it unlikely it is dead on the reserve)

Mark, tried running all windows up and down via the keyfob,  No joy :(

You run the windows up and down to there full extent using the switches in the drivers door. Hold each switch till window fully closed/ open till it stops and clicks.

See post #8!

Better that unlocking does not unfold them actually. :)

Why's this then?

My mate has a 2006 Citroen C4.

When he locks the car the mirrors fold, no messing about holding the button whilst walking away backwards to make sure you've held the button down long enough.

When he unlocks the car the mirrors unfold. As simple as it gets!

Why's this then?

Because when it is parked and you go out to get things or put things in the car the mirrors stay locked. Don't know about you - but I don't need them open unless I am going to drive and starting the car always happens before I drive!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...