Hi,

Just thought I'd share my experience of ERWIN - https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/

Basically you have to register and set up a username and password. To then get anything useful its necessary to pay - the minimum is 5 Euro for one hour.

But in that hour using my VIN code (car built but not delivered yet) I was able to download and save a full build options report for the car, self study guides for the Octavia III, EA888 engine and various sub-systems, and a workshop manual.

So I think it's good value - as a minimum for checking your build options.

I don't know how widely its used, because its not marketed as such.

Cheers.

• Like 3

The build report looks like this - with the option codes stretching to 8 pages!

Vehicle-specific information

Vehicle data

Basic data

Make: C

VIN: TMBKE9*********

Year of manufacture: 2015

Description: OCT.COM RS FS162/2.0M6F

Sales type: 5E******

Delivery date:

Leasing: No

MKB: CHHB

GKB: PNN

Type approval number: -

Colours

TYPE COLOUR

CODE

LACQUER NUMBER (LACQUER

BODY/ROOF NO.)

DESCRIPTION

Exterior

(Body/roof)

F6/F6 LF7Y Metal Grey Metallic/Metal Grey

Metallic

Interior LH RS seam red

Pr-numbers

CON.

NO.

NO. ORIGIN FAMILY DESCRIPTION

1 0A2 L TUE 4 doors

2 0AE L STV Front stabilizer

3 0B3 L RST Wheelbase

4 0BN L STH Rear stabilizer

5 0EN L EDF Installation differentiation for transmission MQ 350 vehicle components

205 option codes are listed...

• Like 2

Oooh, I'd looked at ERWIN, and bookmarked it, but never got round to registering.

Actually sounds kind of useful and not too expensive... wonder if you could set up some sort of script to download as much as possible in an hour!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Just thought I'd share my experience of ERWIN - https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/

Basically you have to register and set up a username and password. To then get anything useful its necessary to pay - the minimum is 5 Euro for one hour.

But in that hour using my VIN code (car built but not delivered yet) I was able to download and save a full build options report for the car, self study guides for the Octavia III, EA888 engine and various sub-systems, and a workshop manual.

So I think it's good value - as a minimum for checking your build options.

I don't know how widely its used, because its not marketed as such.

Cheers.

Looks interesting, but doesn't like my credit card!

Looks interesting, but doesn't like my credit card!

I too have suffered the dreaded Erwin credit card failure issue. I played around with this for ages before creating a new Windows user account. Erwin then accepted the credit card! There is some cookie or other setting that needs changing but I cannot find out what it is. Don't bother with Erwin web support - they are worse than useless.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is really interesting. I have just done the registration and based on my VIN number I have downloaded the data for my Octavia Vrs. Been through the list and there are some bits that I can`t remember getting with the vehicle i.e Breakdown kit, Tool kit, Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically). Is it too late to go back to the dealer and ask them why it isn`t in the car? 

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2014 at 17:21, London Les said:

The build report looks like this - with the option codes stretching to 8 pages!

205 option codes are listed...

:o You must be made of money!

Presumably some of them are 'standard' items that are optional at the factory but fixed by SUK for our particular market?

52 minutes ago, Geek42 said:

:o You must be made of money!

Presumably some of them are 'standard' items that are optional at the factory but fixed by SUK for our particular market?

As well as descriptions of options that are present, there are entries for everything that isn't fitted that might be...e.g. "1D0 Without trailer hitch".

Then lots of others that define things like emissions standard built to, language on labels, etc.

• 4 years later...
30 minutes ago, SailorBob74133 said:

Just to be more specific, I've got low oil pressure on a 2011 Suberb 1.8 TSI and I'm trying to understand how the lubrication system works on this model...

I don't know how similar it is in basic block design but the 20V 1.8T that I had in my old Mark IV Golf GTi - was prone to issues with the oil pickup pipe in the sump clogging with in-frequent oil changes - I always changed the oil and filter every six months on that car - easy to do.

38 minutes ago, SailorBob74133 said:

Just to be more specific, I've got low oil pressure on a 2011 Suberb 1.8 TSI and I'm trying to understand how the lubrication system works on this model...

All explained here

https://procarmanuals.com/vag-ssp-99-skoda-1-8-tfsi-132kw-2-0-tfsi-162kw-ea888/

You can download the pdf by tapping on the  page and a download icon will appear at the bottom of the frame.

Edited by xman

34 minutes ago, xman said:

All explained here

https://procarmanuals.com/vag-ssp-99-skoda-1-8-tfsi-132kw-2-0-tfsi-162kw-ea888/

You can download the pdf by tapping on the  page and a download icon will appear at the bottom of the frame.

That's great, thanks!  Are all the manuals on that site and are they free?  Looks like the oil pump could be replaced with the engine in the car...