VRS Advise

Hi All

Looking to Swap out my roomster. Really fancy a current vrs but second hand. Was wondering on everyone's thought ref reliability etc as I know some have complained about Oil use etc

Thanks

Glenn

How old are you looking at, 2010 - 2012, 1.4 TSI CAVE Engine.  or last Quarter 2012 -2014 CTHE Engine. ?

You had best look through the many Threads & Posts on the Subject of the CAVE Engine cars.

There are good ones among the 2,800 or so in the UK,

& there are now getting towards more than 1/4 that have had engines replaced.

Now there are some of the first 2012-2013 1,400 or so CTHE Engine cars showing High Oil Use,

& a few required new engines by early 2013.

There are some real bargains around to be had, New, Nearly New, Used & even bargains in cars that have had a New Engine & some with their second new Engine,

or Engine & Gearbox.

There are some not to be touched with someone elses Bargepole.

A Current Manufacturers Warranty or Skoda Approved Extended Warranty is essential.  IMO

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

How old are you looking at, 2010 - 2012, 1.4 TSI CAVE Engine.  or last Quarter 2012 -2014 CTHE Engine. ?

You had best look through the many Threads & Posts on the Subject of the CAVE Engine cars.

There are good ones among the 2,800 or so in the UK,

& there are now getting towards more than 1/4 that have had engines replaced.

Now there are some of the first 2012-2013 1,400 or so CTHE Engine cars showing High Oil Use,

& a few required new engines by early 2013.

There are some real bargains around to be had, New, Nearly New, Used & even bargains in cars that have had a New Engine & some with their second new Engine,

or Engine & Gearbox.

There are some not to be touched with someone elses Bargepole.

A Current Manufacturers Warranty or Skoda Approved Extended Warranty is essential.  IMO

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

george

Play safeish and go for a 13/63 or even some 14 plt CTHE. should be able to pick up a "good " one for £11500 - £13500. Checkout Skoda website and or Autotrader

I'd definately aim to buy either a cthe engined vrs, or perhaps a known safe/reliable car. Perhaps wait for someone here to sell or trade in a car that can be vouched for. I believe there are a few members cars for sale currently thinking about it.

£13,500 can get you a Demonstrator still @ a Dealership.

...that's much less likely to have been mapped, modified.... yadda yadda, like mine was/is

Found out today by the Skoda garage that mine has lowered springs and a rear anti-roll bar thoughtfully installed by the previous owner.... Now, where did I put that extended warranty certificate.....?

£13,500 can get you a Demonstrator still @ a Dealership.

10995 will get you a Demo from a dealership, thats what i paid for mine at weekend and thats a dealer Demo 12 months old.  plenty of bargains on used approved currently

10995 will get you a Demo from a dealership, thats what i paid for mine at weekend and thats a dealer Demo 12 months old. plenty of bargains on used approved currently

Agreed. Seems to have been a big drop in vrs prices of late. Should be able to get a tidy motor at a reasonable price now like you say.

I am about to offer up my 2010 Fabia vRS for private sale on here in the next week or so.  It's a known car on here and has had a build thread from not long after I have owned it.  It hasn't wanted for servicing, always carried out with quality oil, spark plugs changed more frequently than standard service schedule etc. Quality tyres fitted

Rallye Green

Rear Parking Sensors, Bluetooth and Climatronic

July 2010 registered

52k miles covered.

Full service history

with the exception of a few minor stone chips on the lower parts of the front splitter, bodywork and paint are immaculate.

Prepared to sell as is with H&R lowering springs and KW ST Dampers fitted or with stock suspension.

Car is currently APR stage 1 remapped with a Dyno printout showing 213bhp.  Map can be reset to stock settings using the APR switching system.

Not an oil user.

Happy to keep in touch via PM if interested

• Like 1

Which ever car you go for check the alloys, various people have had them replaced under warranty due to delamination, Dark Chrome is the worst as I remember. I had two of mine replaced whith no argument by the dealer. Given the state of them he didn't even waste time speaking to Skoda, just got his parts guy to order them.

Check the jacking points, seen someone on here who had dents around them and mine seemed to be a weak point, also the wheel arch trim close to the jacking points as I'm sure someone jacked mine up badly and ended up cracking chips out of them.