Electric Door Mirror Option Now Available

Just spotted this chaps, I know it's been mentioned in the past.

Electrically heated, adjustable, folding and auto-dimming door mirrors are now available as an option on Octavia vRS, Scout and Elegance. 

Octavia vRS and Scout

Octavia Elegance

Basic price

£145.83

£104.17

RRP

£175

£125

• Like 1

When I was speccing my vRS it was an option but you had to order the electric seats at the same time, making it over £700. I was very annoyed.

Is it a separate option now?

If so, combined with the new reversing camera that's just appeared. I'm very p****d at Skoda at the moment. Missed both by a fortnight if so.

Got this on my car it came as part of having Elegance + electric seats with memory. Did think it was silly that vRS couldn't have folding mirrors though.

Also it really annoyed me too when they added reversing camera as it was something I really wanted from the Golf / A3 specs but was told it DEFINITELY wasn't coming to the Octavia... pfft, never believe SUK or your dealer, they know nothing about what will happen tomorrow let alone in the next few weeks/months.

• Like 1

Wish this was an option when I ordered mine back in December. Seemed like such a stupid omission.

+1.  I even got the dealer to call SUK to confirm as it seemed stupid it wasn't even something they could add in as an extra.

So £175 factory option........... add a zero for retro fit :(

Same here with the mirrors… when I ordered mine in December last year I showed the dealer a picture I had of a MKIII (5E5) LHD VRS interior which clearly showed the switch on the upper part of the door handle had the 'folding' position, and they queried and tried to order it with the car but no go.

Alike the delivery times, the specification is also a lottery it would seem, with just about the only thing you're guaranteed to get being an engine and four wheels.

Perhaps they should label the options 1- 49, you pick 6 and see what turns up!

I'm fine with the reversing sensors which are better than I thought (probably because of the park assist side sensors), although the reversing camera would've been one of my choices for the wife's sake (her idea of a reversing sensor being beep… beeep… beeeep… beeeeep… beeeeeep… beeeeeeep… crunch - much the same as the kerb is there as a guide to help keep you following the roadway).

That'll be a case of my dinner being in the cat if she reads this!

• Like 1

When I was speccing my vRS it was an option but you had to order the electric seats at the same time, making it over £700. I was very annoyed.

Is it a separate option now?

If so, combined with the new reversing camera that's just appeared. I'm very p****d at Skoda at the moment. Missed both by a fortnight if so.

As far as i know you still have to Spec other things with it. checked on the car configurator you gotta add electric seats, leather interior and heated seats

So if I'm reading this right on a VRS or Scout car they get all those features but Elegance owners you're paying the same price to add auto dimming as the other features are standard? Make sense..... not.

Sure you have to spec full leather, electric seats and front seat heating to option the folding, dimming mirrors on a vRS unless something has changed for MY15.

• Like 1

Sure you have to spec full leather, electric seats and front seat heating to option the folding, dimming mirrors on a vRS unless something has changed for MY15.

It's still the same.

It's still the same.

Didn't you read the first post?

• Like 1

Of course I read the first post.... doesn't change the fact you still have to order it along with leather interior electric seats and heated seats. It's the first time we have been able to spec it in the UK for the vRS. The downside is we have to take it with those other 3 options.

The info was copied/pasted straight from the internal system, and I've just checked again and it does not mention anywhere that the extras only come with electric seats etc, it just reads as per the post, so I'd assume that it is a stand alone option that will take the Skoda UK website a day or 2 to update.

If I hear any different, by all means I will post it up. 

• Like 2

Maybe but when I ordered my vrs the only way my order was accepted was that I had the various options mentioned above selected. I wasn't too fussed as i wanted the options anyway.

Edit. It's also the same in the July brochure it comes with electric seats and vrs must be leather interior.no stand alone option

Maybe but when I ordered my vrs the only way my order was accepted was that I had the various options mentioned above selected. I wasn't too fussed as i wanted the options anyway.

Edit. It's also the same in the July brochure it comes with electric seats and vrs must be leather interior.no stand alone option

Yes, but that option (and the one currently on the configurator) also has 'memory' and that's why it requires the memory seats (which are heated leather, and so cost lots).  The option mentioned in the first post doesn't mention memory - so IMHO it sounds like a completely different option which may well be standalone.

All we need now is for someone to order it so we can scan their car with VCDS, and a parts list.  Might be cheaper just to order a new car, but that's not the point now, is it?

Wiggo is on to something there. I'm back in the office Wednesday, if I don't see any update on this tomorrow I'll simulate an order with the option and see if it accepts it or tells me to add 5 grand of options

Just to add to Kitset's comments, the auto folding, heated, dimming mirrors were standard on my vRS here in Luxembourg, and I don't have memory seats etc, so it's certainly possible that it can be available without the fancy seats.

Slightly OT, but given most of the 2015 model upgrades just seem to bring UK spec cars to the same level as last years European specs ones, its got me thinking what extra things the 2015 spec European ones now have - I'll see what I can find out and let you all know what the 2016MY will be like :D

• Like 1