New To Me!

Don't the sidelights double up as full beam too or am I just imagining things? I'm on a pre-FL elegance with xenon dipped beams

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

You mean the halogen bulbs that are used for flashing? They also come on with the xenons when you select full beam. You'd never really notice those were halogens due to the limited way that they are used. If they really bother you then you could try the mtec super white in there too, or the osram's night breaker plus - I think they are H7 bulb to fit there. But you'd be left with a more obvious and visible blue tint closer to your eyeline when the lights are switched off - which might annoy you more. Edited by JakeBlade

Nice looking Superb, they do look good in white.

Front parking sensors too, is that part of Park Assist?

I'm not a fan of the door badges, a little too 'Halfords' for me.

I've also yet to see a set of LED's that are as bright as the halogen DRL's, even the CREE's. There is nothing as good as the standard bulb for utilising the reflector to maximise output so I've stuck with the factory set-up.

I put my efforts into the rear cluster LED upgrade instead to maintain the OEM look...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

I'd like to see the roof aeriel colour coded - give it a try and report back!

You could order the car with front sensors but without Park Assist, although in this case, it does have PA fitted.

I understand what you mean about the door badges, but they are OE so look better for that alone.

AFAIK, the DLRs are not halogens, are they, just 21w standard bulbs?

Yeah, I'm going to investigate the cost of getting the aerial colour coded; a friend runs a bodyshop so that helps of course, but will also look at this Plasti-Dip as an alternative... As long as you have to remove it, that is!

Yes, the MTEC for the fog lights.

Assuming that the FL sidelights are the same as in the pre-FL (w5w/t10) I have these installed: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130976781942

Nice white light, no hint of blue.

Are they the one's you told Damo about and that he gave me a couple of for my sidelights?

If so they're great value for the price you pay. Also a nice matching white light for the xenons.

Cheers

Dave.

Are they the one's you told Damo about and that he gave me a couple of for my sidelights?

If so they're great value for the price you pay. Also a nice matching white light for the xenons.

Cheers

Dave.

Yes - they're the ones.  Might as well buy the pack of 10 for £4.99, just in case a bit of blue creeps in toward the end of their life.  You can also put them in under the side mirrors, and in the boot of the combi.  The 5730 SMD LEDs are nice and bright.  If you look on the LEDs thread you'll also see that I have just ordered some warm-white ones from a different seller - I will try them in the under-door puddle/courtesy lights.  Will be a few weeks from the far-East.  I did try the pure white ones, but because of the brightness/colour, they just made the red lens cover look orange.  So I'm hoping that the warm-white colour will maintain the red colour through the lens, whilst being nice and bright.

Edited by JakeBlade

Yes - they're the ones.  Might as well buy the pack of 10 for £4.99, just in case a bit of blue creeps in toward the end of their life.  You can also put them in under the side mirrors, and in the boot of the combi.  The 5730 SMD LEDs are nice and bright.  If you look on the LEDs thread you'll also see that I ordered some warm-white ones from a different seller - I will try them in the under-door puddle/courtesy lights.  I did try the pure white ones, but because of the brightness/colour, they just made the red lens cover look orange.  So I'm hoping that the warm-white colour will maintain the red colour through the lens, whilst being nice and bright.

With me having the ivory interior i was thinking of leaving all the interior lights as normal wedge bulbs etc.... I think the LED is better suited to the black interior. I am thinking of replacing the two boot lights with LED though. How do these ones perform compared to the normal bulbs in the boot? Although thinking about it are yours fitted in the door with the LED torch being the boot light? The twindoor just has two boot lights in the boot one each side.

I've also seen some single sided and slightly longer LED wedge units that I was thinking of for in the boot.

Cheers

Dave.

With me having the ivory interior i was thinking of leaving all the interior lights as normal wedge bulbs etc.... I think the LED is better suited to the black interior. I am thinking of replacing the two boot lights with LED though. How do these ones perform compared to the normal bulbs in the boot? Although thinking about it are yours fitted in the door with the LED torch being the boot light? The twindoor just has two boot lights in the boot one each side.

I've also seen some single sided and slightly longer LED wedge units that I was thinking of for in the boot.

Cheers

Dave.

If you get warm-white LEDs for the interior, you keep that nice cosy glow, but much brighter.  Think of it more as the halogen spotlight look, than the Halfords street racer look.  In the combi, the normal incandescent bulbs in the door aren't really bright enough to illuminate the boot - in my primitive LED days I spent about £20 buying a pair of LED bulbs with multiple single-sided LED SMDs.  Tbh, those 10-for-£4.99 will be almost as bright in there as they are 5730 SMD (much more output per SMD than something like the 5050 SMD, so you can get away with far fewer SMDs).  Not sure if the twin-door takes the w5w bulbs though - I have a feeling that you may need the festoon ones.

I had a look a bit back and they are 501 wedge in the boot. I might get the pack of ten and use some in the mrs' vRS as well as a couple in the boot of the LuxoBarge.

Cheers

Dave.

And here's mine....all the way from sunny Australia. All accessories include - Dark tinted windows, Towbar, Rear blinds, paddles, 3 spoke steering wheel, Park Assist, Alarm, Sun Roof, Rear Parking Camera, Rear Bumper Protection panel, 3M plastic wrap on front, wind deflectors on front windows, MDI, KESSY, and lots more.

post-119752-0-85446000-1407331206_thumb.jpg

post-119752-0-91658100-1407331245_thumb.jpg

post-119752-0-88301900-1407331671_thumb.jpg

post-119752-0-75742400-1407332426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shakey063
  • Like 2

Yours looks beaut Shakey. Only thing for me is the OCD in me would be so bugged by the fact the screw holes for the front European numberplate is visible because of the smaller Aussie plate. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

I had a look a bit back and they are 501 wedge in the boot. I might get the pack of ten and use some in the mrs' vRS as well as a couple in the boot of the LuxoBarge.

Cheers

Dave.

Go for it - I'm on my 2nd pack of 10!

Don't the sidelights double up as full beam too or am I just imagining things? I'm on a pre-FL elegance with xenon dipped beams

I'm pretty sure that the sidelights operate off a seperate bulb, W5W or similar on both bi-xenon and non-xenon Superb's (pre FL).

They are housed in with the main beam somewhere.

AFAIK, the DLRs are not halogens, are they, just 21w standard bulbs?

Sorry, yes, halogen wasn't the best description, non-LED or filament or incandescent would have made more sense.

And here's mine....all the way from sunny Australia. All accessories include - Dark tinted windows, Towbar, Rear blinds, paddles, 3 spoke steering wheel, Park Assist, Alarm, Sun Roof, Rear Parking Camera, Rear Bumper Protection panel, 3M plastic wrap on front, wind deflectors on front windows, MDI, KESSY, and lots more.

Are your front side windows tinted too or is it just the photos?

I'm pretty sure that the sidelights operate off a seperate bulb, W5W or similar on both bi-xenon and non-xenon Superb's (pre FL).

They are housed in with the main beam somewhere.

Gonna have a good look at the headlight unit an bulb layout tonight when the Mrs has gone to work. The side light doubles up as the full beam flasher but I'm not sure if its one of those bulbs with two filaments in it - one low and one high power. Or if the flash while coming off the same reflector is actually a separate bulb entirely.

Rear Parking Camera?!?! Is that a Skoda OE fit in Oz? I'd like the bumper protection panel too - again, it that OE, Shakey?

Yeah 2 bulbs in the side light reflector so the side light's going to get switched for Jake's 10 for a fiver LEDs

This is what the 10 for a fiver jobbies look like in use.....

P1020346_zps5c96e891.jpg

P1020348_zpsb017e8bd.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 2