Interesting change in vRS leadtimes

Just been on to my dealer in Mansfield with good and bad news.

Ordered a Red vRS manual diesel Estate with silver bits + + on it on the 24th July.

In the last week I realised (through this fountain of all knowledge forum) that they originally came with the chrome window surround, but not any more.

So asked for the option to be added.

All very simple, if a bit expensive, when I thought it was a standard fitting.

Got a call back today saying it was not possible.

The reason is they are on or soon on holiday and my car's components have already been allocated for a week 38 build!

Therefore ordered it in Week 30, built in week 38 with 2 weeks factory shutdown.

So I asked how much to do the job in Mansfield.

The reply came back, they are sealed units and so the components for each door is £300 plus 2 hours labour.

Now this is the bit where you lot will throw your arms up in horror.

I asked them if it was possible to put the delivery back a few weeks to accommodate the chrome trim?

They are looking into it.

I was not worried about the delay, as I was fully expecting the car at the beginning of December rather than October.

Story finished

Chances are the dealership had a car already in the system similar to your spec. The factory accepted my order for my Tsi Dsg vrs estate on the 23rd of may and is still awaiting a build date. Skoda UK call me once a week with an update to my order the factory is currently closed for 2 weeks and I will get another call on the 19th August with another update to my build time

Maybe they just have your exact configuration somewhere in stock?

If this is not the case it would mean that everyone ordering your configuration before you, would get their car sooner?

I was at a local show at the weekend, my local dealer had a pitch there.

Got chatting and they reckon 16 weeks wait at present (which they seemed quite pleased with).

I will order October to beat the inevitable end of year price increase.

I don't know how they dare shut down for 2 weeks with current lead times ... have they not heard of overtime :p

I think you got lucky rogerwa ... and/or allan1888 was right.

I don't know how they dare shut down for 2 weeks with current lead times ... have they not heard of overtime :p

I think you got lucky rogerwa ... and/or allan1888 was right.

I think deep cleaning the production line and Planned Preventative Maintenance have to be done whatever position you're in with your order books.  In addition, VAG don't mind their economy brand being a little delayed, it only helps the rest of the groups order books.