EGR valve aub engine

I'm sure there have been other requests but could someone post a link to cleaning the egr valve on a 2001reg 1.4 Fabia AUB engine.

Particularly, if I dismantle, do I have to have vcds to re-set anything.

Or is it just a mechanical strip, clean out and reassemble?

Previously did on a 1.4 Polo, 2004, simples, no elecrickery required!

Well, in lieu of any answers, I took a chance and dismantled the EGR valve. Looked like the inside of an exhaust pipe of a two stroke engine, it had so much caked on carbon! Cleaned with spray cleaner ( similar to brake cleaner ) and reassembled. Took a few moments spinning over before starting up. Ran OK with no vcds required.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, hope you can help me mate. I'm quite new to DIY mechanics! Where did you find the EGR valve on the AUB engine? And is it hard to remove? Thanks

Edited by JoeChamberlain

Well, in lieu of any answers, I took a chance and dismantled the EGR valve. Looked like the inside of an exhaust pipe of a two stroke engine, it had so much caked on carbon! Cleaned with spray cleaner ( similar to brake cleaner ) and reassembled. Took a few moments spinning over before starting up. Ran OK with no vcds required.

Hi, hope you can help me mate. I'm quite new to DIY mechanics! Where did you find the EGR valve on the AUB engine? And is it hard to remove? Thanks

Go here, look at the bottom of the picture, just to the right of the exhaust manifold heatshroud.

Two nuts to undo for removal, I believe, which may be corroded to the point of being difficult, or may not.

I just removed the top of the egr valve which was attached with 4 allen hex bolts.

Remove the air filter and you'll see it on the left/rear ( left as if you were sitting in the driver's seat facing forward) on the top of the engine.

That sounds more like the throttle body, not the EGR valve?

Throttle body (and the TB end of the metal pipe from the EGR valve) is much more likely to resemble your "inside of an exhaust pipe of a two stroke engine" comment.  EGR valve itself is too close to the v. hot  exhaust ports to accumulate much soot.

Go here, look at the bottom of the picture, just to the right of the exhaust manifold heatshroud.

Two nuts to undo for removal, I believe, which may be corroded to the point of being difficult, or may not.

Yeah, I think that may be it too. Looks tricky to remove I think. I may have a go anyway. I do seem to be experiencing symtoms that may be the result of a stuck open EGR valve. Rough idle and a shudder when I switch off the engine. I've cleaned out all the caked up throttle body, air flow and the other end of the EGR pipe (just below the throttle body).