Hidden Features?

Just wondering if there are any 'hidden gems' on the Fabia?

E.g. on some previous cars holding the unlock button opens the windows... there have been hidden menus on the display... and other hidden things like that.

Holding unlock will do the windows (if youve got electric windows) and lock will do up the windows, like you already said.

Theres a few things you can turn on via vcds.

- one touch unlock

- anti hijack (locks car when you reach 7mph)

- teardrop wipers

- needle sweep

Thats just to name a few, i cant remember any more hahs.

Hmm dont think theres any hidden menus as such. The maxidot (black background with white writting) upgrade display will tell you a little more than the standard mfd.

A few things are easily retrofitted if you so wished to.

- arm rest

- cruise control.

Etc etc.

I also found a couple more (mine is a 2013 model) that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else:

I linked the heated mirrors to the heated rear window, so both come on at the same time and stay on for however many minutes, 20 by default. Better than having to also move the mirror adjuster and then forgetting them.

And I also set the wipers to drop to intermittent while stationary if they are switched on full. Nice

What else have others found?  I fixed the doors to unlock at once, make a tinny beep on locking, don't want to change the XDS change, love the digital speedo, killed the loud noise when my Bluetooth phone connects

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody know where to find the list of Vagcom codes for the monte? I have a 2012 105 Diesel and I have vagcom sat here I just dont know any codes. This could be a fun filled saturday morning!

I linked the heated mirrors to the heated rear window, so both come on at the same time and stay on for however many minutes, 20 by default. Better than having to also move the mirror adjuster and then forgetting them.

How did you do this one, is it on VCDS? I have seen threads about the dial breaking when being turned, this would be great!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

How did you do this one, is it on VCDS? I have seen threads about the dial breaking when being turned, this would be great!

Yes, on VCDS

That was probably my thread haha.

I think it was just a faulty switch. I havent had a problem since, but time will tell!

Soon sorted under warranty. After id got past the first problem causing salesman anyway.

"I linked the heated mirrors to the heated rear window, so both come on at the same time and stay on for however many minutes, 20 by default. Better than having to also move the mirror adjuster and then forgetting them"

Would love to know how to do this - my Alhambra worked like that and it was just such a logical thing to have

I am not a VCDS Whizz however I did this yesterday.

It was a tick box in one of the "Cent Elec." long code menus. if you go into the cent elec. part it takes about 2 mins to scroll through them all and its just a tick box that reads 

"turn on heated wing mirrors with heated rear windscreen" or words to that effect. simples :)

Jon