Central locking headache

Afternoon all.

Recently purchased an 07 vrs estate, love the car and have needed another vrs since selling the Fabia a few yeas ago!

Aquired this for a song, knowing that it needed a gearbox. Upon removal of the old box, noticed the clutch and flywheel were shot so replaced those too.

Now my problem is that it won't lock on the remote, but will lock on the button in the centre console. It won't unlock on either, the boot won't open from the outside unless it isn't fully shut, then it will allow you to open it to shut it if that makes sense so I know the boot switch is ok. The electric windows and electric mirrors work fine. When you unlock the car with the key, only the driver side door unlocks and 9 times out of ten will set the alarm off. If you hold the key in the unlock position it will drop the windows, and likewise when locking it will close them.

I've checked the basics, replaced the key remote as this was missing and all fuses seem to be intact.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I'm wiling to cross someone's palm with shiny coin if a diagnostic plug in points me in the right direction!

When you unlock the car with the key, only the driver side door unlocks

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I'm wiling to cross someone's palm with shiny coin if a diagnostic plug in points me in the right direction!

I think a scan with vcds is definitely needed to see what's going on. It would help if you posted your location if anyone nearby can help. Or look in the vcds owners map in the diagnostics section of the forum.

Re only the driver door unlocking, there is a coding option that can be set where a single press only unlocks the drivers door and you need to do a double press to unlock all doors

Two things spring to mind:

1) (and they are oldies, but goodies) Does the red light come on when you press a fob button? Have you replaced the fob battery? Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the fob?

I was having intermittent problems with one of my fobs, popped it open, cleaned the contacts, now it works first time every time again.

2) Have you tried re-synching the key?

I follow this to re-synch on my last Octy:  (From a quick search on the forum)

1. I put the key into the driver's door keyhole.
2. Pressed the unlock button.
3. Turned the key to unlock the car.

4. Remote lock and unlock worked once more :)

ok, i'm going to be in the Midlands at some point over the next couple of weeks so if the remote hasn't been sorted i may be able to help out. I have all sorts of VAG equipment & i'm also a mobile Autolocksmith & forum sponsor

Nice one thanks for the heads up

it depends what exact car the replacement has come from. The same part number CCM is used in various models. Some are 2 door & some are 4 door etc. So you may get 1 from a 2 door in which case if yours is a 4 door you would need to change the coding with VCDS, which is easy. You will also have to code the remote in as well, again very easy with VCDS

• Like 1