Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Jesus don't fuel Kev's fire ha ha!

They look smart!! They only come on with the main light.

Ok will fire some pics up from APM now... ;)

Max Power!!!! :D

Your not old enough to remember Max Power surely Tom? :)

Or is it still being produced................

Max Power!!!! :D

Your not old enough to remember Max Power surely Tom? :)

Or is it still being produced................

I've got no idea if they still make it, not seen it since I was about 14. Could just imagine those lights in there ;) now it's been mentioned a set of 3 spoke wheels would look lovely

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so small update for now. Rolling road day at Group B Motorsport went well. Figures as expected really - 256bhp on the best run and 356ft/lbs. Only have this graph...

36731137920_94a4875aba_z.jpg

After doing a log of fuelling when the car was doing one of its runs, it turns out that the car was fuelling less on the dyno for some reason. So on the road figures should realistically be slightly more.

Had my windows tinted all-round 2 weeks ago. I opted for medium smoke on the back windows and rear screen, and light smoke on the front two. Looks really good and suits the car - any darker wouldn't have looked good in my opinion. I'm getting the pillars wrapped in matt black on Tuesday so it blends it all in nicely :)

Cleaned her up today so took some pics on the way back from the cinema...

36986472391_eebcc15b61_z.jpg

36939434886_de91612514_z.jpg

36939434606_55babf7edb_z.jpg

36986472051_33ed0d434c_z.jpg

36939434386_3d46e0cb17_z.jpg

Looking forward to getting some spraying done to really tidy it up. The front bumper is driving me mad!! Looks well at the moment all the same though :)  Pasty badge fell off the front at 'reasonable' speed too... hence the different badges front and rear :(  Another thing to sort!

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 1

Lovely Fabia, Alex. B)

Just not a fan of the rear lights, but it's your car :p

I also have a Pasty on the front and OEM on the rear, so you're not alone!

Cheers pal! Each to their own as they say ;)

Good figures you pulled! Lsd next then?! ;) I really like the tinted front lights! I think I'll have to do mine :)

LSD is definitely the next big thing on my shopping list. I can't afford it for a while though. Cambelt is due now, plus getting my bike back on the road for the summer! It definitely needs one to make full use of the power though...  There'll be no more power mods now I think - it's far quick enough for a daily driver!! :D

• Like 1

Cheers pal! Each to their own as they say ;)

LSD is definitely the next big thing on my shopping list. I can't afford it for a while though. Cambelt is due now, plus getting my bike back on the road for the summer! It definitely needs one to make full use of the power though... There'll be no more power mods now I think - it's far quick enough for a daily driver!! :D

Very good to hear that you're getting one! It transforms the car, makes it much more drivable and fun to drive! The good thing with your turbo is you have the potential to put bigger injectors in if you wanted later down the line, I'm stuck with maxed out injectors and turbo :D

• Like 1

To be honest I thought long and hard about injectors. The car is plenty quick enough and with a diff it will have the ability to use it around the bends too!

I know that to run above 270bhp you really have to run a more smokey map. At present John has mapped it amazingly well and smoke levels are very acceptable. I really wouldn't want a smoke machine! So for the little gain I would get I don't see the point!

I'd say you have a pretty damn good setup already though Paul ;)

• Like 1

You'll absolutley love a lsd the way it pulls you round bends is unreal lol

That's a fair point you have a very quick fast road set up for a daily and I have to agree seeing that golf running injectors on your dyno day is not to my liking lol

Hmm it is fun but I always find myself chasing bigger figures and my mates fiesta St :p

Yeah I had a go of Kev's a while back! Brilliant things and completely transforms the drivability of the car no end.

I agree - seeing Joel's old car on the rollers and now the Golf the other week just confirmed that I definitely don't want that.

Chasing the ST? Must be some spec if you can't keep up with it on the straights!!

What's the reason the exhaust is coming out near the nsr wheel ??

Got fed up of having soot on the rear. So decided on a side-exit system seeing as I had to have an exhaust made up from scratch anyway. Now the gasses don't go anywhere near the car - no soot on it at all even after a good thrash! :)   Must admit though, I'm not happy with the tailpipe. Wasn't what I wanted really. So gonna get a new one put onto this system at some point - more subtle and tighter to the sill.

I knew you'd pipe up Gramps!!! ;)

• Like 1

Yeah I had a go of Kev's a while back! Brilliant things and completely transforms the drivability of the car no end.

I agree - seeing Joel's old car on the rollers and now the Golf the other week just confirmed that I definitely don't want that.

Chasing the ST? Must be some spec if you can't keep up with it on the straights!!

Got fed up of having soot on the rear. So decided on a side-exit system seeing as I had to have an exhaust made up from scratch anyway. Now the gasses don't go anywhere near the car - no soot on it at all even after a good thrash! :) Must admit though, I'm not happy with the tailpipe. Wasn't what I wanted really. So gonna get a new one put onto this system at some point - more subtle and tighter to the sill.

I knew you'd pipe up Gramps!!! ;)

Ah Joel's was another soot machine :D

On the straights there's nothing init, but when it comes to corners is where I struggle, he's running stage 2 dynod at 250hp in a 1100kg car :(

No it's a bit different. It's a mesh basically. Up close you can see lots of holes in it.

I had a mild smoke Lamin-X type film on my old headlights and they reduced the light output slightly.

Fly-eye is fully legal and doesn't seem to have reduced the light output.

Ha ha cheers pal! I haven't finished yet though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Small update...

Car went into the bodyshop recently. I had the mirror covers, fog light surrounds, roof and spoiler all painted in gloss black.

The guy has done a cracking job and charged me a VERY good price for the work. He took off the spoiler and sprayed underneath it too. The finish is fantastic! Very pleased :)

Pics (some dirt from the drive home)...

36731136520_8df55ec7c8_z.jpg

36292309534_90840266ed_z.jpg

36315185113_20eef67e74_z.jpg

36292308304_1f2c75b0ae_z.jpg

36315184543_017212bb46_z.jpg

I also took it upon myself to replace the standard aerial with a smaller shark fin. The aerial no longer rubs on the tailgate when opened and suits the roof nicely...

36939432346_01dd36957b_z.jpg

Photos don't do the finish justice in all fairness! So shiny :)  I need to machine in a glaze and then a good dose of wax to finish.

If anyone is looking for a good sprayer in North East Wales / North West area, you could do far worse than to get in touch with this guy...

http://smartrepairworks.com/

The car will be going back in for the front end re-sprayed at some point soon'ish, as the flaked front bumper is driving me nuts!

Next on the 'to-do' list is to finish re-building my Brembo's and 256mm rears. They are due to go to the powdercoaters to be finished in green once I've finished stripping them all.

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2