Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Picked up my freshly powdercoated TT Comps from Birmingham a week ago.

Got round to putting a couple of coats of Carbon Collective wheel sealant on them. Centre caps were a pain to get in with the build up of material since they were done.

Here's one...

36956995102_239fb761f7_z.jpg

I've got some Maxxis MAZ3's in the post for Monday. So hopefully will get them fitted before Christmas :)

I can finally get my Brembo's on then too!

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 1

Fitted my new alloys today. Will comment on the Maxxis in due time once I've had some different conditions with them. They seem grippier in the dry than the Falken's I had on.

Cleaned the car with my new Nilfisk pressure washer - awesome machine :)  Just managed to snip a few pics, but it's a bit dark...

36315192533_c90b0d810d_z.jpg

36939438256_04020cf422_z.jpg

36315192283_2d0cb5196c_z.jpg

The car is parked on a slightly cambered road, so the height doesn't reflect what it often sits at. Saying this... I think I'm going to try the car with the rear adjusters out and see if it's still comfy. If it is then I'll be dropping it some more :)

Edited by alex_e3

New wheels are looking great on the car fella, be interested to hear another review on the MA-Z3's, Dan seemed impressed with them when he fitted a set the other month and I'm due some new tyres on the rear.

• Like 1

Cheers guys!

Things to do....

• Re-build front Brembo's and 256mm rears and get them powdercoated in green whilst they're apart. New stickers for the Brembo's. Then fit them with braided lines.
  • Fit my Michii catch can.
  • Fit oil temp, pressure and boost gauges in car.
  • Machine polish the car with my DAS6 and touch up the stone chips.
  • Get the front bumper re-sprayed and fitting better.
  • Dent in sill sorted.
  • Fill in the recess in the rear bumper.
  • Get the end of the side-exit exhaust powdercoated matt black to make it a bit more subtle.
  • Mesh the front grille with the same stuff as the bumper and fit new vRS badge.
  • Get the mirrors, fog light surrounds, grille surround, spoiler and roof wrapped gloss black.
  • Windows lightly smoked all round.

Also of high importance is to replace all wearable components suspension wise that I have not done already. I've got all 4 new wheel bearings, track rods, track rod ends and bottom balls joints sitting at my unit waiting to be fitted!

A Wavetrac will be on the cards at some point too. Hopefully the standard clutch will be kind enough to last until I can afford to get both done at the same time!

• Like 1

Future plans sound nice fella, nice subtle changes will make the overall look of the car pretty awesome.

You won't regret the diff, even just at remapped power that I am running now I can fell the difference, it pulls itself tighter into corners when you put your foot down. I'm running the Quaife ATB, and doesn't seem too harsh and kinda snatchy as some people have mentioned about certain other diffs. I have still managed to get the wheels to spin on the car, but I put that down to the cold weather and the appalling weather conditions we have had over the past few days.

Edited by Southy

It'll be a beast when the diff and clutch get done! And look even more awesome than it already does with the other stuff getting done. I want a black roof wrap as well, do you plan on doing it yourself or having it done properly? There's a place near me called APM customs I think that do stuff like that, I follow them on Instagram and they look quite decent - do window tints as well

• 1 month later...

Ok, so some updates coming soon enough...

I've recently lowered the car more by removing the adjusters on the rear of the KW's and dropping the fronts 7 turns. Sits so much better! Will get pics soon.

I fitted some red LED footwell lights tonight...

2015-02-22%2018.27.04_zpskdruoevh.jpg

2015-02-22%2018.27.18_zps3mf5oql8.jpg

I've done a guide for fitting them if anyone wants to know where to solder...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/344853-led-footwell-lighting-fabia-vrs/

I also fitted my Pasty steering wheel badge and rear boot badge. Seeing as the Pasty badges don't have locating pins, I masked several edges of the original badge before removing it. Then cleaned it up using tar remover and then IPA to get it clean. Then carefully positioned the new badge. Looks much better...

36986473081_10b6a6144e_z.jpg

36939436106_c2e881cdf7_z.jpg

36986472921_cf54eb35ac_z.jpg

36939435906_8734c5473e_z.jpg

I'm also currently busy with the front grille. As I've got a widemouth, I wanted to have the grille the same as it. So I've started off by cutting a sheet of the same mesh up accordingly...

36731139910_212c7c91bf_z.jpg

36986473191_af0c54b43d_z.jpg

Lots more work to be done to the main grille surround before it will be done, as lots of material needs to be cut away to get it to fit in and sit right.

I also had the white part of the rear lights professionally wrapped with a smoke tint, and the front eyes also fly eye'd at the same time. Will post up pics soon. The same company are tinting my windows on Tuesday :)

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 3

Ok, so some updates coming soon enough...

I've recently lowered the car more by removing the adjusters on the rear of the KW's and dropping the fronts 7 turns. Sits so much better! Will get pics soon.

I fitted some red LED footwell lights tonight...

2015-02-22%2018.27.04_zpskdruoevh.jpg

2015-02-22%2018.27.18_zps3mf5oql8.jpg

I also fitted my Pasty steering wheel badge and rear boot badge. Seeing as the Pasty badges don't have locating pins, I masked several edges of the original badge before removing it. Then cleaned it up using tar remover and then IPA to get it clean. Then carefully positioned the new badge. Looks much better...

2015-02-22%2018.09.41_zpsarjhfiuz.jpg

2015-02-22%2018.20.42_zpssj8zqj1l.jpg

2015-02-22%2018.22.53_zpsnstnienu.jpg

2015-02-22%2018.23.20_zps8k8cbwvf.jpg

I'm also currently busy with the front grille. As I've got a widemouth, I wanted to have the grille the same as it. So I've started off by cutting a sheet of the same mesh up accordingly...

2015-02-21%2015.28.27_zpsupi6hdtc.jpg

2015-02-21%2015.51.15_zpsftj8hgej.jpg

Lots more work to be done to the main grille surround before it will be done, as lots of material needs to be cut away to get it to fit in and sit right.

I also had the white part of the rear lights professionally wrapped with a smoke tint, and the front eyes also fly eye'd at the same time. Will post up pics soon. The same company are tinting my windows on Tuesday :)

Who did your rear lights? My furbys poorly at the moment so I've been out in a blue mk3 clio. Sure I saw you go passed tonight I was on tk with a blue e92 bm

A company called APM Customs in Sandycroft. They were really good to be fair - do some very good work there!

http://www.apmcustoms.co.uk/

Ah yes I did see that! Whose is that?!

Have you found a front bumper yet?

It's one of my back up cars. [emoji23] I found a bumper in Rochdale but apparently the bloke is dodgy. Scott was going to get some parts off him and he was messaging scott off a different account but same post code so it's not worth the drive to get messed about. So at the moment I still haven't got a bumper.

Never mind Performance VW I'm surprised the following road day isn't featuring in Max Power with those footwell lights ;)

Joking aside the tints and lights from APM look very nice from what I've seen

• Like 3

Never mind Performance VW I'm surprised the following road day isn't featuring in Max Power with those footwell lights ;)

Jesus don't fuel Kev's fire ha ha!

They look smart!! They only come on with the main light.

Ok will fire some pics up from APM now... ;)

Ok, so had some work done on the car at APM Customs in Sandycroft lately...  www.apmcustoms.co.uk

Great company who do some amazing work! Really good to deal with too.

Please excuse the state of the car in these pics, especially the front bumper - will be getting re-sprayed soon enough :)

First off I had my front lights wrapped with Fly-Eye to darken them...

36939437676_e8bd23c681_z.jpg

36315191353_cc19a2cbde_z.jpg

36731141650_dfdcfaa2d9_z.jpg

Next I had the clear light part of the rear lights tinted with a smoke film. I made sure before they did it that the indicators are perfectly clear to avoid issues with the 5-0...

36731140490_b23759f80c_z.jpg

36986473391_c0d34ec636_z.jpg

36986473291_42347ed494_z.jpg

The car then went back to APM yesterday morning to have the windows tinted. Only this shot from them whilst it was being done...

36986472831_deaff02031_z.jpg

The rears are medium smoke and the fronts are light smoke. I'm really happy with the ones I've picked, as any darker would've been too dark for a red car in my opinion. Difficult to tell from these pics - will be getting some better pics of the car up soon enough when it's clean and the weather is ok. Here's all I have for now...

36731138510_11efdd4e97_z.jpg

36986472641_02b33762ab_z.jpg

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2