How Many Air Hoses 1.4 16v Mk1 Skoda to air Filter

My Fabia is idling roughly and I know there could be a few reasons for this.

The only occasional code I get  (not permanent) is misfire on cylinder 4, (i have changed over and replaced coil pack)

So I have read up on this through the internet and I now need to go through a check list, the first one checking for  air leaks.

But this has raised and issue.

According to the threads I have been reading here and other forums, they normally relate to 2 air hoses to the air filter box unit.

I only have one, comming from the top of the engine to the battery side of the filter box.

I have checked my filter box and it does appear to be somehwere to attach a second  hose, also on the battery side just above the existing hose that is there.

(not on the left hand side (front view) as some configurations)

But I can't see where the pipe would go, nor can I find pictures on the internet of this particlular configuration.

So should there be 2 pipes?

Where would the second one go to?

Thanks

Mark

Engine 2006 Mk1 Fabia, 1.4 Petrol 16v

Edited by flanok

Not sure of the number of hoses as you request BUT. My lad has a Lupo with the same engine, his car also had a rough tick over, slightly heavy on fuel etc, we took it for an MOT and it failed on emissions, all three things measured were off the clock!

We paid £46 pounds for a new Lambda sensor and now emissions are back to where they should be, tick over is now sweet and it seems to be using a lot less fuel.

Maybe worth a change on your car?

My Fabia is idling roughly and I know there could be a few reasons for this.

The only occasional code I get  (not permanent) is misfire on cylinder 4, (i have changed over and replaced coil pack)

So I have read up on this through the internet and I now need to go through a check list, the first one checking for  air leaks.

But this has raised and issue.

According to the threads I have been reading here and other forums, they normally relate to 2 air hoses to the air filter box unit.

I only have one, comming from the top of the engine to the battery side of the filter box.

I have checked my filter box and it does appear to be somehwere to attach a second  hose, also on the battery side just above the existing hose that is there.

(not on the left hand side (front view) as some configurations)

But I can't see where the pipe would go, nor can I find pictures on the internet of this particlular configuration.

So should there be 2 pipes?

Where would the second one go to?

Thanks

Mark

Engine 2006 Mk1 Fabia, 1.4 Petrol 16v

EGR valve should have a filtered air connection, I think? What's the engine code?

I dont have the official software etc

i use a cheap code reader that gives the code at 16688. (p0304)

In the booklet it states misfire on cyclinder 4

Edited by flanok

Had a look for it and cant find.

The plastic extension that sticks out of the air filter cover, that loks like a second pipe should be atteached also does not seem as if it is hollow al the way though.

I've tried blowing through it, but without any luck.

Even the haynes manual suggests to remove pipes rather than a pipe for the 1.4 16v petrol engine write up..

So I dont know if  am just barking up the wrong tree.

You are indeed barking up the wrong tree.

First, get a compression check done on all four cylinders, next swap the coil pack from 3 to 4 and see if the misfire follows, then do the same with the fuel injector, finally you'll need to get cylinder 4 wiring looms checked for both ignition and injection.

If it's not one of those then I'll be a dutchmans uncle.

Thanks for the reply

Just to clarify, I get a backfire code occassionally, but it doesn't sound like a misfire, and it runs ok  outside of idle.

I have swapped over the coil packs (and bought a new one) and the fault code did not follow.

I will look up what to do with fuel injector.

Thanks

Mark

I had put the code in a previous post

"i use a cheap code reader that gives the code at 16688. (p0304)"

But I have also swapped them over and bought a new bosche one too.

the fault stays at cylinder 4.

And as I've said, does not sound like a misfire and runs ok at higher revs.