Citigo ambition funky stereo, how many exists in the back?

Razk

Hello everybody i'm new in this forum and i havent got my citigo yet, in about 2 weeks from now i will recieve it.

Anyway i was wondering about the lack of a usb entry for the funky stereo system. I is realy importent for me to have this kind of entry.

So i did some searching and found this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390836075828?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Now the question is, will this cable fit the system? is there a free socket thet can host this device?

Thanks to helpers. :)

Yes but i dont have the pid system at all. we dont have the option to order it in my country.

So the only thing that i have is the aux jack. and i want a usb jack.

So instead of replaceing the all system i just want to add the usb adapter. this is the only cheap and nice quality option i have.

The stereo is integrated into the dash and heating controls and a non standard shape, replacing it is going to be incredibly difficult. You need something that will emulate a CD changer, but looking at the pin out above there is no connectivity for a changer, only the PID.

The stereo is integrated into the dash and heating controls and a non standard shape, replacing it is going to be incredibly difficult. You need something that will emulate a CD changer, but looking at the pin out above there is no connectivity for a changer, only the PID.

you think that in my status that i dont have a pid system i can use its jack in the back to connect a device like i linked her?

Yes but its much more expensive.

Conecting the usb that i linked is not possible?

Sent from my LG-D802

You asked about the USB, it's not possible to connect one to the rear. Afraid the option that was suggested is the PID or just plug into the 3.5mm jack on the front. That's the only expensive or cheaper options you seem to have, unless the your dealer can supply an alternative.

You asked about the USB, it's not possible to connect one to the rear. Afraid the option that was suggested is the PID or just plug into the 3.5mm jack on the front. That's the only expensive or cheaper options you seem to have, unless the your dealer can supply an alternative.

Ok thanks a lot everybody

i found this item on ebay. i think it can be helpful for the usb conection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251563848785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

someone can aprove that it can be conected to the rcd 215 player on the citigo?

this is a picture that shows the back of the rcd215:

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/up/vehicle_electrics/communication/infotainment/radio/radio_navigation_systems/connector_pin_assignment/connector_pin_assignment_for_the_quot;rcd_215quot;/

will Connector 5, aerial connection is free?

Edited by Razk

Razk, Im going to be blunt.

You cannot get a USB connection. For all the features of the CItigo, the stereo is pretty basic and relies on the PID for advanced options.

SO, your options are:

1. Buy a music player (seperate) with a USB input. Then connect the out of that into the AUX input of the stereo (messy)

2. Bluetooth music from your phone

3. Load music onto a micro SD card

For either 2 or 3 of the above to work, you need to source a PID.

• Like 3