Driveshaft help PLEASE

hi guys my passenger side driveshaft has popped out on the wheel side ( wheel hub side ) the shaft goes in but pops back out. I'm lead to believe the circlip has snapped so need it replacing ASAP. Do you guys know of the size circlip I need?? I can get these free just need a size so I can crack on with it. Thanks

Borrow a pair of vernier calipers and measure it, it will be metric, alternatively buy one from a dealer for a couple of quid and fit it, something that cheap being free is frankly of dubious benefit when so much time, trouble and effort is expended in the pursuit of it.

• Like 1

So will the dealer supply these mate? If so that's great , my cousin works for skoda! As it stands the cars just sat on drive. I was hoping doing research would help me find the size but your right , I need to get the old clip out a measure it. Thank you . However I'm not happy about this!!! This is the 4 month running something has gone wrong with the car , top mounts went , drop links went , it's all coming at once!!! I know it's all general wear and tear but it's still stressful :(

yes the circlip is designed to be replaced when a CV boot is replaced. So worst case scenario you have to buy a CV boot kit.

Your local dealer or TPS can help you with this.

• Like 1

Cv boot kits aren't that expensive , do you recommend just getting a full kit anyway? I'm not going to the local dealer for one it'll be too expensive. I can get a kit for 27 quidish. I just hope that clip is included!!!

yea the outer CV boot kit should include:

1 boot

1 Circlip

2 CV Bands 

Tube of grease.

i did one the other week on the fabia and that was from the main dealer and everything was included, even a new hub nut.

While your there i dont see why it wouldnt hurt to do the cv boot. 

• Like 1

yea the outer CV boot kit should include:

1 boot

1 Circlip

2 CV Bands

Tube of grease.

i did one the other week on the fabia and that was from the main dealer and everything was included, even a new hub nut.

While your there i dont see why it wouldnt hurt to do the cv boot.

Yeah I can't see why not , that's my car not running for another few days. Just filled her up diesel as we'll so I'll save some fuel. Thanks guys!!!

Awesome glad you got it sorted mate :)

thanks man , for the price I'm going to replace the other cv joint as we'll. I fitted new top mount and drop link while I had everything off. I've gathered quite the collection of spare parts in the two years I've owned her.

Still got wishbones arms , console bushes , lower ball joints , track rod ends , another top mount , drop links ( 2 mondeo sets ) and my standard suspension arms and shockers just in case :)

• Like 1