Fabia 3 New Engines

Otaylor38,

the problem is they sold too many and found they were going wrong, and they got on with revising them and producing a revised and 

updated engine, without ever acknowledging the failures of the first version.

Buyers need to be aware when buying the likes of the ACT /COD that if there are issues, even a small percentage with any new product,

the Manufacturer is made fully aware, and not just Dealers.

The same will apply to a New Face lifted Car like the 3rd Edition of the Fabia, with its new Engines & other Entertainments equipment.

Even though it is already in VW's in small numbers.

VW Dealers are just the same for saying,

"thats normal",  or "they all do that."

Was it not you or your Dad that wanted one.

Have you driven one yet?

Cheap cars in the first place, cheap to buy used & pretty good value for money, and with a replacement engine under warranty,

what is the worst that can happen, other than you get another one.

3 or 4 times more good ones than bad, and many owners never need to check oil more than anyone else might with other cars.

• Like 2

Was it not you or your Dad that wanted one.

Have you driven one yet?

Cheap cars in the first place, cheap to buy used & pretty good value for money, and with a replacement engine under warranty,

what is the worst that can happen, other than you get another one.

3 or 4 times more good ones than bad, and many owners never need to check oil more than anyone else might with other cars.

Fair play if you're just keeping it under warranty.

But i prefer not to have to worry about it out of warranty, like you shouldnt have to IMO.

Each to their own.

• Like 1

Not worth losing sleep over if you are never buying one.

Each of you comment lots on vRS & oil usage, and that seem to be something you will never buy.

It's just a reason why I wouldn't buy one as I wouldn't want to risk my hard work being wasted away as soon as its out of warranty but as Oli has said each to their own

The beauty is that you can run them in Warranty for 7 years if you are not doing that high a mileage and that is not expensive since the running costs including insurance is so low, even for young drivers.

Each to their own, 

and since the Twinchargers are not going in the 3rd Generation Fabia, its not really a concern.

Edited by goneoffSKi

The beauty is that you can run them in Warranty for 7 years if you are not doing that high a mileage and that is not expensive since the running costs including insurance is so low, even for young drivers.

Each to their own,

and since the Twinchargers are not going in the 3rd Generation Fabia, its not really a concern.

I wouldnt wanna be restricted too much by mileage. I wanna drive where i want, when i want. Thats why we've got little hatchbacks. Its a practical car at the end of the day. Which is flawed by an unpractical engine.

7 years isnt long anyway.

I wont lose sleep over it, no, because i, as you say, wouldnt buy one.

I bet theres one or two out of warranty vrs owners that have lost sleep though.

• Like 1

Each to their own,

I've got to say the insurance bit is true as I can insure one at 18 for hell of a lot less than a mk1 vRS even though it has more bhp :)
  • Like 1

Otaylor38,

There are quite a few that have lost sleep over having bought a lemon. It is a bit much when you pay £8,000 plus, to as much as £15,000

& some of us have attempted to help them get sorted by Skoda.

Not so sure why you get such pleasure from their plight though.

• 3 months later...

Dear god, I've been on the interest list with Skoda Sweden since they first showed the MK3. Man I wanted this car, but there is no way in hell I can walk away from a 270bhp turbofour to these little firecrackers.