The art of Counter-Scamming

Clunkclick

I've had the 'windows support' phone calls a few times, I normally say I'm very happy with my anti-virus thanks and hang up.

The last time we had the call, my dad answered it. I don't know what he said, (I was out), but the call lasted about an hour or so. After he'd done all his sales pitch etc, my dad said. "Oops I forgot I'm using Linux on this machine". The call didn't last much longer after that.

I'm still waiting to get one.

My aim is to get their public IP and anything else after that.

Then I'll passing it to some people in the states who wears hats in a darker shade of grey :devil:

I'm still waiting to get one.

My aim is to get their public IP and anything else after that.

Then I'll passing it to some people in the states who wears hats in a darker shade of grey :devil:

For some reason I would love to hear how this goes :giggle:

I got this one this morning in the Junk-mail folder:-

Baker & McKenzie          

Notice to Appear,

Hereby you are notified that you have been scheduled to appear for your hearing that will take place in the court of Vancouver in September 11, 2014 at 11:00am. Please bring all documents and witnesses relating to this case with you to Court on your hearing date.

To view copy of the court notice click here. <http://plexreader.com/wp-content/uploads/wysija/themes/smoke/index.php? *********************  Please, read it thoroughly.

Note: If you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

Truly yours,Clerk of Court

© Baker & McKenzie 2014    

Somebody's  Celtic/Aussi names being used in vain

I presume if I click on the full address, I get a nice Trojan back.

Seems this company's name has been used before for this purpose:-

http://www.419scam.org/emails/2012-01/29/00137284.1.htm

Another one copied to Inspector Knacker.

Nick      

Edited by Clunkclick

The last time we had the call, my dad answered it. I don't know what he said, (I was out), but the call lasted about an hour or so. After he'd done all his sales pitch etc, my dad said. "Oops I forgot I'm using Linux on this machine". The call didn't last much longer after that.

I've done the exact same thing in the past and they just hung up on me. Not had a call since

I've done the exact same thing in the past and they just hung up on me. Not had a call since

They had me playing along for 20 minutes trying to find the windows button on my keyboard. When he eventually asked me what PC i was using and i told him Macbook i got called some names haha

• Like 1

I spun one of these out for a while and in the end I said I didn't know why they were calling me about Windows because the man from Everest said I had a 5 year guarantee when they installed them

• Like 2