So I tried one of those oil extractor things.....

I have the Pela one as well and although only so far used it once, it was far easier than getting under the car. It performed quite well and took about 20mins to extract the oil.

I have the 6L Sealey unit which in my opinion is a bit easier to use than the smaller units.

You really don't need a pneumatic one as you really don't have to pump that much for pull out 6 litres.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for the response.

In the meantime I found a similar one made in Taiwan and using compressed air or hand pumping, comes equipped with a set of suction probes, the silicon suction tube.

Used it once, performs fine, definitely worth the money (around EUR 100).

Had a Pela 6000 for years. Used it originally on the BMW (hate the 18000 mile oil changes) and then on the wife's Micra. One word of advice, make sure the oil is warm enough, I used to take the car for a 4 mile run before I did it, any less and it just sat there doing sod all. With warm/hot oil took about 5 minutes.