Bolero Head Unit

Yes it will. You'll obviously need a MDI module and the cables to link to you iPhone.

I don't think Skoda have a cable for iPhone 5 yet. But VW do.

The latter is fine with a 5k0 D unit. Its a misprint I think.

The first link is interesting, but its not entirely clear. You will still need an MDI unit but it SEEMS like this combines the two pass through quadlocks that you would have otherwise with both mdi and bt into one.

Well that's always a good reason!

Yeah not worried about voice control - so no biggie there.

I think it works out £48 for the loom from carsystems and £73 for the other one. I only paid £85 for the bloody unit lol.

MDI is better than the BT streaming.

Better quality. Better control. Better....

And it charges your device whilst plugged in.

I have both and much prefer MDI over BT streaming.

It is only a handful of extra wires in practice too.

It is tidier than the two quadlocks, but bear in mind you can pick up an MDI unit and the cabling for under 100 quid these days and then either combine the looms yourself as kb has done or live with the two locks as I have done (and I was also able to retain the changer).

Adam

Hmm. Choices. Well I've got the BT unit coming shortly, I'll have a think in the meantime.

The £74 cable sounds good- but then i'd need MDI unit.. as well? I'm not sure I wanted to go quite that far... :D

Bloody hell. I don't check back in for 24 hours and the discussion has gone mental! Haha

g_tee can you post a link for me to where you bought all of the parts (BT unit, looms and mic). I saw the link for the loom you posted but I'm not sure which BT module I need. I've managed to get in touch with a guy I know in Edinburgh who is a skoda mechanic and he is going to help me fit it. He said you can get genuine parts through skoda themselves but I imagine that'll be a bit pricey!

I also have another question! I've been looking at converting my existing headlights to xenon but again have just found myself getting more and more confused! Do you guys know if it's possible?

Post the headlight question as a new thread in the appropriate car section and you'll get more answers than you will with the question hidden away here.

As for the rest, don't go away for 24 hours!

Full xenons with levelling is probably too ambitious. Fitting HID bulbs is doable though, but needs VCDS to code before fitting. Check out item 270591725356 on eBay for example.

I bought UHV 5K0 035 730 D from ebay

And then I'm going to buy this: -

http://www.carsystems.pl/bluetooth-installation-kit-plug-play-for-7p6-and-5k0-module,id127.html

I already have my own VCDS so it should just be a case of fitting it for me and coding the car. I hope.

All in £120. I'm very happy with that.

Thread hijacking slightly

I  have a Pre FL, with a bolero MFSW and maxidot retofitted

Just picked up a loom from Eddie.. need to get an appropriate BT unit.

i'm going to guess my options for units are limited with them being DDP...  but i'm struggling to work out how they present, Maxidot or Bolero (or both?)

Wanting HTP and A2DP...

so 

1k8-035-730 B/C/D

or 

1K8-051-730 A/B?

Edited by neomancer

Oh, quick question.. further reading.

BAP and DPP can be used at the same time? looks like the OPS upgrade uses BAP and that's why the old PDC i have won't display on it? 

So as i have a bolero i can use DPP/BAP but will not have it show on the maxidot? will that work with the MFSW buttons?

Those modules are dated and won't support streaming or phonebook download. I also saw Ed write in another post that a lot of these particular ones on ebay are cheaper Chinese clones that can be problematic.

Best for you is 5k0 ... d or above, or 7p6 module if you want streaming and hfp. This won't however display in maxidot and works via the Bolero, being paired from the phone end.

Note the other common DDP units (5n0 .. a/b/c) will work in maxidot but are rSap only and wont give you HFP or streaming (despite what the Ross Tech wiki says about the c variant). Or if you can do without streaming, the older metal box DDP module for Skoda 1z0 035 729b does support maxidot and mfsw in a pre FL and gives HFP, but it is strangely expensive for an older module.

You can do two things to get a newer BAP premium 3c8 .. a or above module to work in your pre FL maxidot but it is also expensive. Either buy a polar FIS + module which will also give you parking graphics and loads of other stuff as well as allowing the newer module function (250 quid or so plus the module), or do what I have done and get a slimmed down polar BT box (100 quid or so plus the module) which just supports the bluetooth aspects including mfsw.

Phil-E can tell you more about the former. See here for the latter: http://www.carsystems.pl/fis-link-can-box-converter-for-red-dot-matrix-fis-and-new-bt-modules,id687.html.

Adam

• Like 1

You can do two things to get a newer BAP premium 3c8 .. a or above module to work in your pre FL maxidot but it is also expensive. Either buy a polar FIS + module which will also give you parking graphics and loads of other stuff as well as allowing the newer module function (250 quid or so plus the module), or do what I have done and get a slimmed down polar BT box (100 quid or so plus the module) which just supports the bluetooth aspects including mfsw.

3C8 BAP will talk to the Pre-FL Maxidot which uses DPP?  is this a typo or is the rosstech list wrong? 

No Ross Tech is correct on that one. 3c8 .. a or above is BAP but can be made to work with DDP with the addition of one of the mentioned Polar modules which converts BAP to DDP.

Note 3c8 without any suffix is older and actually DDP but this doesn't do streaming or HFP. Confusing eh??