Jabba and Eibachs kindly demonstrated!!

chowy

I met up yesterday with JON TDI and he kindly allowed me to drive his car, which allowed me to form my own opinions on Jabba remap and also Eibach springs and shocks.

My initial thoughts when I put my foot down was that subjectively, it felt a little faster than standard from a drivers point of view and all the attributes from the standard car have been retained i.e. the way the power comes in etc..

It was only when we did do a side by side comparison on a dual carriageway, that is when the true performance difference showed!! I must admit that I made a mistake of being in 4th instead of 3rd but even so, the way Jon shot off into the distance was impressive and even if I was in the correct gear, the difference would have still been impressive (I'm such a duff driver :rofl: )

I was even more impressed with the Eibachs springs and shocks, the way it cornered near flat round the roundabout was impressive with total composure! If I was in the std. car, I'm sure it would have been much more roll! The ride itself, albeit firmer, was very acceptable day to day and not jarring at all.

What a difference -25mm makes to the appearance of the car. I parked the cars side by side and from the rear in particular, it looks so squat and more aggressive looking than the 4x4 look of the std. setup, without looking too Max Power!!

Jon has also got the bigger TT discs and pads and although I only did one firm prod of the brake it stopped very quickly indeed.

Well recommended, I just need to save some pennies now!!

Again, many thanks Jon for allowing me take your car out for a spin :thumbup:

You're welcome Dave!

As mentioned last night, the increases in performance are more noticable in the lower gears.

6th gear, although better, is only really meant for cruising on motorways, etc.

The power band is increased slightly, so you can hold on to each gear for longer (but I've never really taken it past 4K rpm).

We should have taken onto a nice A road to see what I'm talking about! :D

The little test we did would have been better in 4th! :o

The Eibachs - well you've said it all really! :) I can't praise them enough. Far better than the standard set up but not too harsh for daily driving.

Anyway, it was nice to meet you Dave.

Thanks for the mini review :thumbup: i'm planning some stuff with Jabba next month and I can't wait! Gonna wait for next spring for the remap as i'm worried about needing to upgrade the clutch and I need to recover financially from all these mods. :rolleyes: