Fabia vRS Range

SteVRs

How does anyone manage to get this ?

Is it just because my engine only has 2.5k on the clock that I can only get a MAXIMUM average on a clear motorway run of 54 to 55 ??

Thats with MINIMAL acceleration / braking possible' date=' on a stretch of motorway thats pretty flat, but on average slightly downhill.

I canot figure out how some people can get 65mpg average.

That means most of the time, the 'current' mpg is reading about 65 - sometimes more, sometimes less.

i HAVE to be going downhill slightly to get that economy.

confused.....[/quote']

Sorry so long to reply - been away.

I achieved this with a journey average speed of 48mph on the computer. If you want to add an easy 10mpg on a long run and you're not in a rush just slipstream wagons.

By using overrun, reading the road (and a bit of luck) this wasn't a problem to achieve. I took a phone movie of the readout showing all the numbers for anyone who doesn't think this is doable - PM if you want it.

Had the journey been longer I think I could have got it up a little more as I only started using wagons on the latter half of the journey.

This is without using the expansion tank.

I've had a 65mpg reading a couple of times when doing runs into Manchester city centre late at night of about 10 miles averaging 30 - 35mph, this was with under 2000 miles on the clock and some good luck with the lights. I'm getting about 53mpg on a 75mph motorway run at the moment, seems to be getting better with the miles as does the performance.

I've had a 65mpg reading a couple of times when doing runs into Manchester city centre late at night of about 10 miles averaging 30 - 35mph, this was with under 2000 miles on the clock and some good luck with the lights. I'm getting about 53mpg on a 75mph motorway run at the moment, seems to be getting better with the miles as does the performance.

Whereabouts you from? Is that going down the Parkway into town? :)

Steve

:Yikes: I get most upset if mine works out at more than 10p a mile per fill, which is very rarely :thumbup:

I'm disappointed that I'm averaging about 37 mpg on my vRS at the mo, but on the bright side, the old 200SX averaged 18mpg - and that was more motorway driving than town! Damn it was fast though! :D

Now ya see given i have just ordered a fab vRS i have been wondering what sort of range i could get out of it.

My girlfriend lives 240 miles away from me and so i have regular journeys down there, on my last car i always had to fill up at the other end to come back.

The total distance will be 480miles and it is ALL motorway, so does anyone think i will be able to do the journey there and back on a single tank?

The total distance will be 480miles and it is ALL motorway, so does anyone think i will be able to do the journey there and back on a single tank?

Easily mate!

I have done 250 miles on 1/2 tank so far with a mixture of motorway driving, stuck in traffic and giving it beans, a lot better than my CTR i had :cool:

If it's all motorways and you're able to keep a consistent 70-80ish you should be able to do it - the best I got in my 1.9TDI Elegance was 450 miles before the light came on, but I never managed to do a completely clear journey where I could keep a constant speed. I think the light gives about 50 miles, but I guess it depends how low you want to run it :rofl:

Chris

Something else i never actually checked' date=' does the vRS have a range calculator? As in does it give you the number of miles remaining on ya given fuel at the current mpg?

I really should have researched it more lol[/quote']

Yep just cycle through the trip computer output and it's the one before the instantaneous mpg I think......

Chris

I did a 120 mile trip yesterday, mix of lanes, B-roads, A-roads and motorways. Was taking it gently on purpose and arrived home with the computer showing 65.7mpg. So, theoretical total range could be as much as 650 miles. If you're brave.

This was sticking to below 2000rpm and generally being gentle. I was pretty impressed with the result.

Just looked for " expansion tank " on the search on the top of the page' date=' and a topic I saw noticed it said " expansion tank not to be touched on petrol cars incase of damage to the car".

:( I have already touched it before I read that message, what have i done :mad: .[/quote']

The expansion tank should only be filled if you going to be driving a reasonable distance otherwise damage can be done (especially on hot days)

If you're doing that then its fine.

Whats the tank capacity of the Fab VRS? 60L?

The spec says 45l but an extra 10l or so can be squeezed into the expansion...

I used the expansion once, but don't like it- it feels a bit risky!

In reality, I normally get about 42l in between fill ups, normally about 450-480 miles on a tank, around 49mpg average...

:thumbup: