Eibach Lowering Springs

So, my conclusions are thus:

For a slight drop for a VRS (ie, 10-20 mm) springs E10-79-010-02-22 are the ones to go for.

For a bigger drop for a VRS (ie 25-30 mm) springs E20-15-021-05-22 are the ones to go for.

I hope this makes sense, please feel free to comment if you wish. I don't mean offence, and I won't take any if you disagree with me!!

This is what I found out when using the Eibach catalouge. I'll be going for the Pro-kit to get just a slight more drop from standard springs. Thanks for looking this up meb90!

• Like 1

This is what I found out when using the Eibach catalouge. I'll be going for the Pro-kit to get just a slight more drop from standard springs. Thanks for looking this up meb90!

No worries about looking it up.

Your link just goes to the main website, but I assume that you are agreeing with me :)

I think the Pro kit is the one I will go for if I go for it, take about 15 mm off the ride height :)

Excellent, thanks meb90, very helpful. Can you tell if there's any difference in the spring rate between the sportline and pro? It would seem strange to have two separate ranges where the only difference is 15-10mm! Cheers

Excellent, thanks meb90, very helpful. Can you tell if there's any difference in the spring rate between the sportline and pro? It would seem strange to have two separate ranges where the only difference is 15-10mm! Cheers

Kitset, having had a good look, I am struggling to find on the Eibach website what the spring rates are. The data sheets for the sportline springs don't seem to be there. However, the link below says they have different rates, and I can't see why they wouldn't if I'm honest.

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/motorsport-messages-from-marshall/the-difference-between-eibachs-pro-kit-and-sportline-spring-set

I'll do a little more digging tonight when I get home.

As an update to my post above, I can't find the spring rates for either the Pro kit or Sportline springs. They do both appear to be progressive springs though.

My view is that the sportline springs must have a higher spring rate, as they use less of the total available suspension travel.

Sorry I couldn't find anything more out!

Matt

As an update to my post above, I can't find the spring rates for either the Pro kit or Sportline springs. They do both appear to be progressive springs though.

My view is that the sportline springs must have a higher spring rate, as they use less of the total available suspension travel.

Sorry I couldn't find anything more out!

Matt

Thanks Matt, I had the same thought about the Sportline probably being firmer due to the shorter travel. Which puts me firmly in the Pro-kit camp!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dig this old thread up - is there any way to find out the rear axle load of the car before it arrives? Mine will be a 2.0tdi Black Edition Combi. I obviously don't have a reg number at the moment either.

I'd like to get a 30mm drop if possible.

Cheers

Sorry to dig this old thread up - is there any way to find out the rear axle load of the car before it arrives? Mine will be a 2.0tdi Black Edition Combi. I obviously don't have a reg number at the moment either.

I'd like to get a 30mm drop if possible.

Cheers

Hi Jon,

Having another look at this website:

http://web2.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?11=279&10=5E7105CFFDC044F9B16430102D8CA3D7279001&14=1&12=100 (I use Chrome and it will translate it for me)

It looks like the axle load depends on whether your car will have a beam axle or independent suspension on the rear axle. My understanding is that its only the VRS that has independent suspension, but don't quote me. IF the black edition has a beam rear axle, the website above indicates part number E10-79-010-04-22 to be the right ones. IF it has independant suspension it appears to be E10-79-010-02-22.

Hope this helps,

Matt

• Like 1

Meb is correct. Only the vRS has an independent rear suspension.

Or if you have any 4x4 or the 180TSI on the L&K then you will also have IRS, not just the vRS any longer.

• Like 2

Looking good :) seriously tempted do do mine now.

You fitted the Pro springs then yes? So about a 15mm drop? I also assume that you used the same parts numbers as discussed above?

How does the car ride and handle now?

Final question (honest :P ) what do you think are the benefits of a Skoda dealer fitting them?

Sorry about the interrogation :S

Drop is at least 20mm I would say but not 100% sure. Handles and rides no different to my old fl vRS hatch with Eibachs and 18's.

Regards Skoda fitting them it was always something I wanted to do as the dealer has supplied and and fitted the springs which assists from a warranty point of view.

Sounds good to me. Can I be cheeky and asked how much you paid? No worries if you don't want to. PM if you want.

Matt

• 7 months later...

Hi mate.

Could you confirm what the part number was for the eibach springs you had fitted. I'm just about to buy a bed estate and this is the first thing I'm going to do

Cheers

Right then guys, I have spent the last hour or so trying to get to the bottom of this. Ant (or anyone else) I am not having a go, just trying to satisfy my own curiosity :)

Eibach got back to me with the part number E20-15-021-05-22. However they asked me how much I wanted to lower my car, and I said 20-30 mm but I forgot that the VRS is already 15 mm lower than a 'standard' Octavia. Therefore I think the chaps at Eibach thought I wanted a 40-50 mm drop on standard. I think I am after a drop of 20 mm on the VRS which would equate to a drop of 30-40 mm on standard.

So, information time (drops stated are for a standard Octavia):

E20-15-021-05-22 are a Sportline kit which will lower the car 45-40 mm front-back with an axle load of 1070kg. These are for both the TSI and TDI VRS, hatch and estate. The Eibach website states a drop of 30-25 mm front-back for a TSI VRS using these springs.

E10-79-010-02-22 are a Pro kit which will lower the car 40-30 mm front-back with an axle load of 1075kg. These are for both the TSI and TDI VRS, hatch and estate. The EIbach website states a drop of 20-10 mm front-back for a TSI VRS using these springs.

E10-15-021-06-22 (as suggested by Ant) appear to be for an Audi A3 Sportback. They are a Pro kit which will lower the car 30-30 mm front-back with an axle load of 1070kg, but the part number is not the same for both the hatch and estate.

So, my conclusions are thus:

For a slight drop for a VRS (ie, 10-20 mm) springs E10-79-010-02-22 are the ones to go for.

For a bigger drop for a VRS (ie 25-30 mm) springs E20-15-021-05-22 are the ones to go for.

I hope this makes sense, please feel free to comment if you wish. I don't mean offence, and I won't take any if you disagree with me!!

Thanks for this Matt, very comprehensive.

I want a slight drop but didn't want too much, now I know what to go for.

Quick general question, are Skoda dealers happy to fit these and what are the warranty implications if any?

Hi mate.

Could you confirm what the part number was for the eibach springs you had fitted. I'm just about to buy a bed estate and this is the first thing I'm going to do

Cheers

Need some more details than that. What car are you getting? :)

Thanks for this Matt, very comprehensive.

I want a slight drop but didn't want too much, now I know what to go for.

Quick general question, are Skoda dealers happy to fit these and what are the warranty implications if any?[/quote

Hi Mence. I had forgotten I did that! I haven't got round to fitting springs yet. However I know others on the forum have, and have had dealers fit them. I don't think there would be much of a warranty issue, suspension components (shock absorbers for example) only have a 6 month warranty anyway.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Mine was completed today at Skoda Preston. It's only when I look at these two pictures do you realise just how high the vRS sits out of the box. Far happier now.

Before

D332B6F4-C9BE-404D-8F11-FC1F9665EDE6_zps

After

BF69D53C-A98A-4304-97CE-5827D44ABF6C_zps

Bumpety bump, but...

That seems to sit the way I want my car to sit - I just got a gasoline vRS, so.... what is the spring code?

I previously got Eibach prokit on my Saab and was not happy. The front dropped too much and the rear was higher than the OEM sport suspension.

So, I want to see a similar car to mine with the springs (which is yours...) and know the exact code so that mine sits in the same way ;)

From the photo it looks that the drop was the same for front and rear, but could you confirm that still also?

Hi the correct Eibach spring code for the vRS diesel estate is E10-79-010-02-22.

I set out to make mine the same as the press pics vRS which sold me the car in the first place not the 4x4 look that the standard car can with.

Standard Car

D332B6F4-C9BE-404D-8F11-FC1F9665EDE6_zps

Press car

DA7E487A-F8ED-4BFC-AD5D-46961264AD81_zps

My car with springs fitted

54055848-3167-4AA3-A9F8-250287A1CC46_zps

Edited by Moley RUFC
  • Like 3

Thank you very much - I have the vRS combi, but gasoline - not diesel.

I believe the spring code should be the same you just posted?

E10-79-010-02-22 pro kit below:

Fitting Position Front Axle
Lowering ca. [mm] 20 mm     Fitting Position Rear Axle Lowering ca. [mm] 10 mm

E20-15-021-05-22 sportline kit below

Fitting Position Front Axle Lowering ca. [mm] 25-30 mm     Fitting Position Rear Axle Lowering ca. [mm] 25 mm

I was thinking for a while to purchase the H&R spring setup 28833-2 http://dm-cartuning.de/H-R-Tieferlegungsfedern-Skoda-Octavia-RS-5E-VA-25-HA-25-28833-2

but the Eibach pro kit would actually be ideal for me, as I carry a half load to a 3/4 load at all times in the rear so don't want it too low, also don't want it to catch the front bumper lower spoiler going over speed bumps etc...I have the Gasoline/petrol vRS like yourself so the part numbers I listed above should be correct as I will be now buying the eibach pro kit rather than the H&R as I don't want to much of a drop

• Like 1